All reviews other guests bird feeders bananas foster aspen room evening dessert cookies hot tub b bs creme brulee homemade desserts nightly desserts special dessert wonderful hosts spacious deck wonderful home from scratch beer and wine
Reviewed December 20, 2011

What can I add to the glowing reviews already on here? Country Sunshine is one of those places you wish you could come back to again and again. The hosts Walter and Jodi were amazingly generous. The quality of the breakfast, the free beer and soft drink, complimentary desserts... I could go on. They are friendly and helpful - simply the best hosts of any place I have ever stayed at.

We stayed in the room directly off the living room/dining area. Although probably not the best room in terms of location, this did not cause any major problems for us. The location of the B&B is quite secluded - very quiet and a decent drive out of town. For me, this was fine - although some would think it was inconvenient being that far out of town. I loved the peace and quiet, and the drive was not a big problem.

Breakfast in particular is a highlight. Walter is a superb cook, and you'll be treated to a spectacular feast whatever is on the menu.

I can honestly say my one regret is that we could not spend longer at Country Sunshine. If/when I am back in the States this is a place worth coming back to and going out of your way for.

Room Tip: The room closest to the living/dining area does get a little bit of noise when guests are outside (mornings and evenings generally). If this is likely to bother you, be sure to ask when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mj316
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at The Country Sunshine Bed and Breakfast over the Thanksgiving holiday. We have only stayed in a handfull of B&B's before so we really did not know what to expect. To say Jodi and walter were perfect hosts is an understatement. The breakfasts, hospitality, and their house itself made us feel like we were at home. Our grown children, girlfriend and her family were staying up the road and Walter insisted that they come over for breakfast. They have stayed at Country Sunshine before and could not resist the wonderful breakfast. Walter and Jodi greated them like old friends. Walter's baking was exceptional. Cookies at night were over the top. Thanksgiving breakfast included Sweet Potato Waffles that were incredibly creative and tasty.

If you are visiting the Durango area anytime of the year, my wife and I would highly recommend Country Sunshine B&B

Room Tip: Aspen room was perfect. King bed with Bath. very roomy
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank HoytFamily
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We are getting ready to book again because we loved it so much. This is hands down the best B&B I have ever visited. Walter and Jodi are such gracious hosts and they make everything for your stay enjoyable. Loved it! Going back again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jerilynjoyce
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The positive reviews for Walter and Jodi's Country Sunshine Bed and Breakfast are justified and then some. My wife and I had a lovely weekend staying there. Walter and Jodi were very gracious and clearly enjoy what they are doing, which really helps the experience. Walter's breakfasts as well as evening desserts are delicious. Make sure not to save room during dinner. The weather was not ideal for part of our stay but fortunately the B&B is a comfortable place to relax, have a cookie and some tea, and watch the bird feeder outside. They have a small hot tub outside, so don't forget to bring your bathing suite to take full advantage of the facilities. Walter and Jodi have two very friendly dogs and a cat that pretty much stayed downstairs. We were not aware of the cat (our fault) when we booked the B&B and were a bit concerned because we both are allergic to cats. Fortunately, they keep the place very clean and must have a really good air filter because the cat was never an issue, even during the couple of hours that we spent in the basement. The B&B is located a bit over 10 miles from downtown Durango, which is a small price to pay for the quiet and solitude. Overall, we had a great time and look forward to coming back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Benjamin Y
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I spent a night at this B&B and I must tell you, it was great. Great location, great host's, great guests, great food...Walter and Jodie are the best! I would, and do, recommend Country Sunshine B&B to my friends and family but thought I'd reach a bigger audience by reviewing on tripadvisor. Plan your stay, you won't be dissapointed

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple