“Good people good food”
Review of Carver Brewing Co.

Carver Brewing Co.
Ranked #6 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Southwest's Original Brewpub, drop by for a free tour of this solar, wind-powered brewery and sample 12 award-winning, handcrafted brews on tap. Healthy, hearty and fresh creations for breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails featuring organic produce grown locally at our own Carver Farm. Vegetarian and kid-friendly. Always expect to find something on tap for the hopheads, a Belgain style, one of the distinct seasonal lagers the brewmaster is fond of, and something you've never had before. Located in historic Downtown Durango. Large parties are our specialty: invite your guests to connect in a cozy, comfortable dining room, celebrate in a festive, intimate brew pub and rejuvenate in a lush and refreshing outdoor beer garden. Vegetarian and kid-friendly.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Carver's has become our go to restaurant. We have eaten here for all three meals during our stay. The staff has always been friendly. Occasionally you may have a server become distracted and you will wait getting another beverage etc. yet, I have noticed it may be because your server is being very friendly and interacting with another customer. Most of the time I do not mind. The food is very good. There is such a great variety and my vegetarian daughters are thrilled there are many options to choose. Why a four star and not a 5? As I stated, servers may be a bit slow/ distracted and, even though this has happened only a few times, my food has not come to the table hot.

There are newer reviews for Carver Brewing Co.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have eaten here many times over the years as I travel to Durango on business.
As a former professional chef, I evaluate food and service closely.
My meal here was average. I had requested rice on the side (as my entree didn't come with a starch). The rice had dried up kernels from being on a steamtable (or other) too long.
Beer was good and staff was friendly. Service was fine.

1  Thank Rockyrover
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We ate here for lunch on our 1st day in Durango. Prices are reasonable for lunch. Service was good and they we had there home made root beer.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had Sunday brunch and there was quite a crowd waiting, but it moved quickly and was worth the wait. Excellent meal, very interesting menu with quite a unique selection. hard to decide what to have!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Recommended by the front desk personnel and met our expectations for good value, excellent food and amazing local brews. Will definitely return the next time we are in Durango. Very friendly service and no waiting.