“Legendary Bread Bowl” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carver Brewing Co.

Carver Brewing Co.
Ranked #6 of 190 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Southwest's Original Brewpub, drop by for a free tour of this solar, wind-powered brewery and sample 12 award-winning, handcrafted brews on tap. Healthy, hearty and fresh creations for breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails featuring organic produce grown locally at our own Carver Farm. Vegetarian and kid-friendly. Always expect to find something on tap for the hopheads, a Belgain style, one of the distinct seasonal lagers the brewmaster is fond of, and something you've never had before. Located in historic Downtown Durango. Large parties are our specialty: invite your guests to connect in a cozy, comfortable dining room, celebrate in a festive, intimate brew pub and rejuvenate in a lush and refreshing outdoor beer garden. Vegetarian and kid-friendly.
Durango, CO
“Legendary Bread Bowl”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2008

I think most locals go to Carvers in the morning for a coffee and muffin/bagel/cookie. For lunch its the fresh baked Breadbowl with chili, and for dinner...a beer.

Yes, Carvers makes the most dank beer in town, which is why i say "beer for dinner," You don't even need a meal when you drink Carvers beer.

Carvers is unique in the fact that it is a bakery/brewery. It always make me think theres a little beer in their dough and a little dough in their beer.

Gotta love it.

1 Thank pisceshanna

AZ - CA - CO - FL - TX
“breakfast in durango...have patience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

We really like to go to Carvers for breakfast. They have a great menu selection and very reasonably priced. I do have a couple complaints -plan on spending more time waiting for a table then you will at your table eating. And if you are taking kids...be prepared the waitstaff will completly avoid you!

Allison Park
“Good Food, Excellent Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2008

I eat at Carver's every time that I go to Durango (at least once year). I have found the food to be consistently good and I have enjoyed the beers a lot, especially the Pale Ales (they often have two). The patio is nice in the summer or early autumn, but the dining room is pleasant all year around. Dishes that I have liked include the Greek Salad, various pastas and the Bison Bratwurst.

Detroit, Michigan
“Great patio and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

My family sat on a beautiful outdoor patio and had a great meal. My southwest philly sandwich was excellent. We had a slight problem with a child's meal and received it and a rootbeer float at no cost.

The root beer is very very good. Reminded me of the old days when I was a kid.

We had 2 different beers and both were good.

1 Thank Happy_Traveller0523
Corinth, Texas
“Healthier But Still Really Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

This place offers much healthier food than say your average restaurant, pub, or fast-food joint but it is still great. I had the grilled chicken sandwich with baked fries. It was delicious. My sister had the garlic-potato soup in a bread bowl. She enjoyed it but was hungry again a couple of hours later. I heard from one of my sister's friends that this is also a great place for breakfast. It is a very small place, so I would suggest not going during the typical rush hours. It was fairly busy at 11am but we were seated right away & our food was at out table very quickly. My sister was trying to decide whether she wanted the soup or not & our waitress got us samples. I thought that was very nice & unusual for most restaurants. They have tons of people working here so even though the restaurant was fairly busy we never felt ignored or rushed.

1 Thank Kristy K