New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Siesta Motel

Siesta Motel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Durango
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Reasonably priced, clean, and simple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Things are expensive in Durango. The Siesta is reasonably priced. Friendly owners, location convenient to free Trolley into downtown. Next door to a great BBQ place. The rooms are teeny-tiny, but perfectly adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed with hubby in late summer 2013. Here are my observations:

Pros: Cute front office and nice staff, peaceful grassy median, polite (but 1) hotel guests,
Room appears clean, bathroom being roomy and a good recent remodel.
Comfortable bed and pillows, just right AC cooling for summer and proper bedding for it.
Street behind North end of hotel provides ample free parking (where bikers SHOULD park).
Coffee just south of the hotel. Food trucks across the street, trolley stops at the hotel.
Noise from street is never heard once inside your room.
Would return, but would hope the following could be addressed prior to rebooking:

Cons: Provided password for Wifi never worked. Confirmed with other guests, no WIFI at all
All surfaces needed wiping down.Dusty layer on all and dirt in kitchen drawer area.
Biker ran engine 30 minutes early morning; noisy, then gaseous. So rude. Management
should have stopped that within 5 minutes, but did nothing.
Parking lot crowded, bikers should park behind hotel.
Screen in bathroom didn't lock, was stripped, could not enjoy the cross breeze of having
windows open because of this, and it was a safety issue also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Minnie M
Austin, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at Siesta Motel. Every room we have stayed in has exhibited emmaculate housekeeping and each is decorated differently. Some have kitchenettes. We have been going to Durango regularly this year as our daughter is attending Fort Lewis College. Siesta gives the families of FLC students a discount on an already good price! The service is great and the people are friendly; we feel like a welcome member of the family. And the beds are the most comfortable we have ever slept in at a motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel F
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My significant other and I stayed here for the evening when I had to catch a 6:00am flight the next morning out of the Durango/La Plata Airport. This place truly is the Best Kept Secret in Durango, as the sign says. The price was very reasonable considering most of the other hotels in the area are easily $125+. The only member of the staff we encountered was the gentleman at the front desk upon checking in and he was quite friendly. The room itself was small, but not in an off-putting way at all. It was very cozy and cute and had a regional theme complete with Southwest styled pottery on the wall and wooden ladders resembling the kind the Ancient Puebloian ancestors used. The bathroom was of nice size. My only complaints about it was the lack of complimentary toiletries (there were three tiny bars of soap, but no shampoo or conditioner) and the stand-up shower was small enough that the water consistently sprayed outside the designated area even with the curtain drawn. (I think this is because the ledge on the bottom and walls of the shower was not tall enough). The bed was unbelieveably comfortable and felt like the type of memory foam that you simply sink into makes you never want to get up. My only regret is that I had to get up to catch my flight very early and I didn't get to enjoy the wonderful bed even longer. The motel is right on the trolley line (which is free to ride) and it goes up/down town. It made finding a place to eat very convienent considering we didn't have to drive around a town we were unfamiliar with and get lost (which seems to be a pattern with my significant other and me). And I thought the checkout procedure was perfect considering I had to leave so early. There was a hook by the door with a posting which indicated checkout was at 11am and all we had to do was leave our keys on the hook. Very convienent. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone who is visiting the area and looking for a cute and cozy place to stay that doesn't break the bank.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We came across the Siesta Motel while searching for accommodations in Durango and we were so happy we did. The sign at the motel says, "Best Kept Secret in Durango" and we couldn't have agreed more. The room was clean, stocked with extra pillows and just the right size for a couple looking for a fun-filled weekend in this Colorado town. The owner Larry was extremely helpful with town tips and restaurant recommendations. The hotel was in a perfect location to pick up the FREE trolley that will transport you to various locations throughout the town. Overall great experience and reasonable price. We enjoyed our stay so much that we cannot wait to get back! Thanks Siesta Motel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The good- the rooms and property are clean and well maintained. I heard no noise from my neighbors. I stayed in room 23. The cost was ok for the area, 85.00 a night for 4 nights.
The not that big of a deal-No continental breakfast, but there is a coffee maker in the room. The tvs are the old tube type.
The bad and just plain creepy- I came back from a day of motorcycling and found a note on my door to see the manger. I was advised that they had found a rag in my room with orange stains on it and that if I wanted to clean my bike they had rags for that. the owner had assumed that I had cleaned grease off my bike. I had to explain to him that it was orange soda that had spilled on the floor. No body likes being accused of something they didn't do, and I am no exception. Checking stains on a rag-eeww!
Having owners live on site is a blessing and a curse

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Payson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here during a cruise through the Rockies. It is a delightful, adorable, CLEAN, American family run, funky little motel!! It is right at the end of Main Street in Durango. There is a free trolley stop right out front of the motel, which will take you to downtown and all of the restaurants, shops and fun!
The rooms are decent sized, outrageously comfortable beds, adorably decorated. Though the property is clearly not new, it is very well maintained, clean, beautifully landscaped and EXCELLENT value. If you are looking for a CLEAN, comfortable, safe place to stay and enjoy Durango, the Siesta Motel is it.
In the interest of full disclosure, there are few amenities in the bathrooms, there was no shampoo provided, nor blow dryers. But the shower is sizable and there was plenty of hot water.
We would definitely stay at The Siesta Motel on our next trip through Durango; as well as recommend it to others.

Room Tip: As this is a motel, built in a U shape and you park your car right outside your room. All rooms seem...