“Really Good!”

Sushitarian
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We have a special crew here at Toshi's. Our mission is to improve Durango's and the World's access to organic food. We are honored to share our passions with you and we hope you FEEL the positive energy that we create at Toshi's.Integrity is everything to us. If we cannot find the ingredient we are looking for organic we will not purchase it. This comes at a slight price premium, but we believe and aim to still give great value to our customers!
“Really Good!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place is open all day for lunch between the bewitching hours of 2:30 and 5:00 and that's how we happened in there. My friend and I went for lunch and it was a one-man operation. I wish I knew his name because he was amazing, but it's not on the receipt and I forgot to ask. I had the Tempura Cod and my friend had tofu pockets. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service couldn't be beat.

• Visited April 2014

Blountsville, Alabama
“Tough critic”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We are pretty tough critics on sushi. This was really good. It has a small dining area, but great food. It had a huge menu selection.

Portage
“My Favorite in the USA”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I love coming to Durango and I love coming to the best sushi place in town. It's actually one of the best environments of any sushi place anywhere I've been. I love that they have Woodchuck Cider served in a cold glass:)The sushi is made fresh to order with a Japanese chef team preparing it in front of you. Talk about great!

Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushitaria”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The food is good, authentic and reasonably priced. We've traveled to Japan 30+ times over 40 years and have developed strong opinions about Japanese food, especially fish. The sushi, sashimi and tempura at Sushitaria are very good and the veggie pot stickers, although not Japanese, are excellent. Prices are very reasonable, especially before 6 PM,

• Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Durango, Colorado
“Best Traditional Style in Durango”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I like my sushi/sashimi to be more traditional Japanese rather than hybridized with other cultures and this is the best in Durango. I would prefer to go for lunch as that works better with my schedule, but they are no longer open for lunch except on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays which do not work well for me, bummer! The restaurant is small, but the food is fresh, well prepared and well presented. Staff is attentive, even during the busy happy hour time. Prices are reasonable for this type of food. You can watch the sushi chefs working from any of the areas in the restaurant, in fact you can see nearly all of the food preparation from any seat if you want to. Sushitarian has been my personal favorite in Durango for many, many years. I would highly recommend them for a more traditional meal.

• Visited December 2013