“Enchanting Colorado Oasis”
other travelers have booked this property
Charming characteristics abound!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Charming characteristics abound!
Look forward to relaxing in the spacious living room.
The full kitchen allows you to create delicious home-cooked meals.
Rest up in this inviting bedroom.
Sweet dreams!
Enjoy meals outside in the shade!
You'll have plenty of places to admire the surrounding natural beauty.
Your memorable Durango retreat begins at this lovely vacation rental home!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Dennis V
“Enchanting Colorado Oasis”
Reviewed June 3, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My Girlfriend and I wanted to get away from the city hussle for this memorial day weekend and found this place to be the perfect fit for us. After an amazingly beautiful drive from Boulder we arrived here and immediately fell in love with the home. Instantly I felt like this was my home away from home, and knew that I had made the right decision to stay here. Arriving at dusk with the golden evening sun shinning on a giant hundred year old Willow tree, acting as a becon that we had arrived, my girlfriend and I were thinking of never leaving this magical place. The owners of the property are some of the greatest people I have ever met, they are accommodating, friendly, loving and really made us feel welcome. I highly recomend everyone to stay here and I will definitely be back again soon.

Heather G
“Wonderful & Suprising!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I can't say enough about this amazing place! My fiancee & I went up to Durango to ski and found this farmhouse just 10-15 minutes off of Main St. It was close enough to get us into town quickly, but far enough to be out of the holiday traffic and less than 45 minutes to the actual ski-lift (left by 0830 and skiing by 0915)! The farmhouse, itself, was perfectly quaint with a pellet stove that kept us warm & cozy. We bought a few groceries and cooked dinner in the fully loaded kitchen without any hassle! Also, I couldn't believe how comfortable the beds were - the mattresses & bedding were super plush & excellent for relaxing and staying warm! And, just in case you get tired of watching the wildlife (we saw deer & turkeys just a few yards from the house!), there's an Apple TV box you can use with your own accounts for Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, etc. It was such a fantastic place we've already planned our next trip and will be staying here, again!

miles h
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Stay on a farm, and enjoy nearby Durango!”
Reviewed January 3, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

I loved this place! How wonderful to live in a historic farmhouse, and be 20 minutes from Durango. The full Colorado experience! John and Katherine are fabulous hosts, more than accommodating. The house is completely up to date, plenty of room, wifi, and all amentities. Keep an eye out for the roaming flocks of turkeys while enjoying the views. I will be back!

Newfolkwa...
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Quiet and comfortable in a scenic setting.”
Reviewed December 2, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

This charming little farmhouse has been appointed with everything one needs for a comfortable and peaceful stay. It is even equipped with free WiFi, television, and a washer/dryer. Though we didn't need it, there is also a pellet stove, for supplementary heating.
The homestead is nestled in the trees on a large property about a twenty-minute drive to the south of Durango and near the beautiful Animas River.
We enjoyed both the comfort of the home itself: warm and cozy, and the lovely sweeping views of the natural setting. Our visit came with two polite musters of wild turkeys parading along the front and a large elk emerging into the field across the little road.
The place has a kitchen and dining area that is large enough to accommodate several people. And with a grill in the large back yard, there is outdoor living too.
For these reasons and because of the reliable and friendly owner/host I hope for another delightful stay at the Durango Farmhouse.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The natural setting and the cosy feeling
Liked least: Shower head
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Wanderer6...
“A great place for a relaxing getaway.”
Reviewed October 6, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The charming farmhouse at Arm of the Spiral near Durango is a perfect spot for a relaxing vacation. I spent a weekend there with my daughter in September just as fall was beginning to
change the leaves on the trees surrounding the house. It was comfortable, homey and quiet and beautifully appointed. We cooked our own meals in a modern kitchen and used the barbecue grill right outside the back door. The screened in gazebo was a wonderful place to eat our dinner and John Rehorn and Katherine Andersen, our hosts, joined us for one dinner.
Durango is a wonderful tourist spot with access to a narrow gauge train to Silverton, trails for mountain hikes, great restaurants and enjoyable shopping. I will certainly go back for another visit.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing