“Mesa Verde Tours.....GREAT!!!!!!!!”

Mesa Verde Tours
Ranked #12 of 22 Tours in Durango
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mesa Verde Tours offers a premium, full day tour of Mesa Verde National Park. Our guides are park experts passionate about the history and culture of the area. Experience the best of Mesa Verde and discover the magic of the largest and best preserved cliff dwellings in the US
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ely, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mesa Verde Tours.....GREAT!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Well I must say I had a great time with Shane Anderson, my good freind and myself took the tour of Mesa Verde, he picked us up, and we found out we were the only ones on the tour that day, he took us on the tour and has a wealth of information of the Mesa Verde Area, and the Indians that lived there. He was a very polite and curtious young man. The Tour was well worth the time and money.We will do it again and bring the grandson.

Randy/Ely,NV
Pauletta/Hurricane,UT

MesaVerdeTours, Owner at Mesa Verde Tours, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I'm glad you all got a private tour! Thank you for sharing your experience Randy

Midwest USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“awesome experience throughout the day”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Want a “best ever” experience at Mesa Verde National Park? Ask for Robert at Mesa Verde Tours! He is amazingly knowledgeable, personable, entertaining, and thoroughly professional. He geared the tour to both interest me and engage my school aged child. The day positively flew by! We learned so much more than if we had visited the park on our own or taken only the couple of single site tours with the park rangers. Robert picked us up at our bed and breakfast, began our education on the drive to the park, and continued to give us interesting archeological (his area of study), anthropological, historical, and ecological information. He also provided lunch and made sure that we stayed safely hydrated during the day. Robert’s enthusiasm for the history of the Ancestral Puebloans is positively infectious! We will have to plan a return to explore other places with Robert such as Chaco Canyon, an area he called a “favorite”. I cannot say enough good things about his tour! The value provided is well worth the price. I had a care free day; no worries about driving, directions, food, timing, or which places to see first. We had a very full day, starting at 9 AM and ending around 8:00 PM. It was an awesome experience throughout. [----]

2 Thank JoyfulVoyager
It is great to take families with younger kids to Mesa Verde! Your review says it all. Thanks JoyfulVoyager!
Colorado Springs
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Only way to see Mesa Verde”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

If you really want to see the park and come away with more than a couple of pictures this is the only way to go. I did the full day guided tour with Shan. They pick you up, do all the driving, you get the best use of your time, tons of information you would never get going on your own and lunch. I have a fear of heights so having them do the driving alone was worth the price.

Thanks Nivek1! We completely agree, a full day Mesa Verde National Park Tour is the best way to see everything Mesa Verde has to offer. The park is so big and spread out it takes an expert for an exceptional day.
Sydney
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“PROFESSIONAL TOURS WITHA CAPITAL P”
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I have a passion for American Indian culture and on my A List has been Mesa Verde Colorado. A friend had informed me I would need a car to travel to the park as well tour through the area. I do not like driving in USA so started the hunt for a tour company. Contacted Mesa Verde National Parks direct and they highly recommended Mesa Verde Tours based in Durango. Booked via email thorough constant communication from the tour company, EVEN WELCOMED ME LOOKING FORWARD TO TOURING MESA VERDE AND WHAT SANDWICH TYPE FOR LUNCH!!!
Shane my guide was a true professional and a very well informed young gentleman. There was a total of 4 in our group he had shared with us the day before he had 20 people!!
Shane made the day an absolute highlight of my 2008 journey to USA.
Mesa Verde is a PHOTOGRAPHERS TOTAL DREAM and the mysticism surrounding the whole park leaves you thinking WHERE DID ALL THE ANASAZI GO??
If you travel to Colorado USA dont leave the state without visiting this magical historical site and please tour with Mesa Verde tour Company.

1 Thank Linda L
Hi Llenard! Thank you so much for touring Mesa Verde with us, it really is a magical site! Our trained tour guides are local to the area and very knowledgeable about the park and its surrounding areas! So happy to hear that you had a wonderful time in Colorado, and that we could make your visit to Mesa Verde the highlight of your stay in the US!
South Padre Island, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best tour and best guide ever!”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

If you want to have the best possible experience at Mesa Verde National Park, call Robert at Mesa Verde Tours! My husband and I have been to over 40 countries and we have taken hundreds of tours. The Mesa Verde tour with Robert was by far the best tour we have ever taken. He is knowledgeable, personable, approachable, thorough, interesting, entertaining, and professional. Time flew by and we learned SO MUCH MORE than if we'd have visited the park on our own or with the park rangers. He picked us up at our lodging, gave commentary on the way to the park, and continued to provide interesting archeological, historical, and antropological details throughout the day. We started at 8:30 AM and finished at almost 7:30 PM. Even with a full day tour, Robert never lost his enthusiasm for Mesa Verde and for the history of the Ancestral Puebloans. We are hoping to return to the area and to explore other places with Robert (such as Chaco Canyon National Park). Trust me, the price is a bargain when you consider the wonderful experience that you will have. Go to their website (www.mesaverdetours.net) and you'll be on your way to a fantastic day of sights and stories!

2 Thank CeezTheDay
Ceez, Thanks for the great review! It means a lot to us to hear this from such well traveled guests. We hope to see you again!

Been to Mesa Verde Tours? Share your experiences!