“Real Eggs Benedict”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We tried this for breakfast after other Tripadvisor reviews, they were right on.
I normally stay away from eggs benedict because the sauce is from a can or powder mix. This was excellent.

Their meals are very large and we left some the plate because it was too much to eat.

I did not like their biscuits and gravy. I'm from Texas and we make it different. Must be some liberal / conservative thing.

It took a reasonable time to get served and the food to arrive. Remember everything is freshly prepared. If you want something quicker, go to the golden arches. If you want something slower, go to Denny's.

2  Thank Sunni2Weimar_Texas

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had been to Oscars 10 years ago on a trip, we still talked about the best pancakes ever. We were on a road trip and got the chance to come through Durango, well we knew where we were going to eat breakfast. It just so happened that we stayed across from them. It had been updated some, but still the same little (and I do mean little) place, with the best pancakes that cover your entire plate. My husband thought he'd get two pancakes, but only made it though half, they are large! The service was great for one of the busiest places in town.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We recently ate at Oscars. Oscars has only gotten better since I last reviewed it. The owners recently renovated the restaurant and it looks great. The service staff is great and the food is wonderful. I had the Tio Omelet and my wife had the Durango Scramble. The Tio is very special and features Oscars famous green chili. The Durango Scramble has eggs, bacon, cheese and avocado, all of which make for a special meal. You cannot miss going to Oscars while visiting Durango.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Huge portions definitely share with family or load up on a big plate then you can go to Mesa Verde all day like we did and not need to eat again until dinner.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We arrived around 8:00 in the morning and the place was packed. However, we were quickly given a table which was cleared. The service was quite efficient so we were able to quickly order. We had their enormous plate sized pancake with an egg and bacon. The maple syrup was even warm. Good value.

Been to Oscar's Cafe? Share your experiences!