“Always a family favorite”
Review of Oscar's Cafe

Oscar's Cafe
Ranked #11 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The food and service is always good at Oscar's. Love this place. Wish it had more seating, I know it would be filled.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I were passing through Durango from Pagosa Springs on the way to Salt Lake and wanted to find a yummy breakfast. Oscar's sure fit the bill. It was quite busy so we sat at the 'two spot' counter section near the kitchen. It was fun watching owner Bruce Berg rustle up the meals at the grill, and got an inside scoop on how things were kept moving along with so many orders to fill - and having nice chats with the staff (very friendly) as they were scurrying to offer great service to everybody.

Now for the food - very generous portions (I had 2 eggs and bacon - must have been 5 or 6 slices), and those hash browns...let's just say that I LOVE hash browns in general and these were the BEST I've ever had!

The Mrs. had the Durango Scramble substituting fresh fruit as a $1 up-charge for the hash browns (her loss - IMHO), but the fruit was fresh and plentiful (had to take a go box for some) - and the Scramble was excellent says she ("just excellent").

We will remember Oscar's if we are passing through Durango again, for sure.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants to go to. I have memories of going as a child, and still get the warm feeling when I step inside and see the train going. The food always tastes just right. We love the new look and train pictures and the friendly staff works great as a team. Whether for breakfast for lunch this place leaves my wallet and stomach full and happy.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've eaten at Oscars for thirty years. Their food is always delicious, and the Owners and staff are professional. Stop by for some fresh homemade pie. The best in town.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We always have great service and food at Oscar's Cafe. Their cinnamon roll is huge and delicious. I really enjoy their omelets and my kids like their pancakes. I don't care for their french toast - it's almost like funnel cake, but others in my party do like it. It's fun to look at all the Snowdown posters and watch the toy train.