“Busy place with Friendly Staff”
Review of Oscar's Cafe

Oscar's Cafe
Ranked #12 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Small place in a shopping mall. Crowded but we waited patiently as we heard it was good food. Portions are big. Our table of 5 had the French toast, eggs and ham steak, and the omelet special. Coffee excellent and plentiful. The French toast was a hit. As was the ham and eggs. Our only complaint was hoe greasy the hash browns were. Only two tables for six so you may have to wait.

1  Thank HappyMiss37

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Oscars breakfast burrito was excellent! They have very large portions so my husband and I split the breakfast burrito. On our way out we saw a giant cinnamon roll and homemade pies. We decided to come back since we were full from breakfast. Overall a Fun atmosphere....I would highly recommend if you are looking for casual breakfast spot with great food.

1  Thank Amy L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A very old fashioned diner complete with a bike hanging from the ceiling and a train traveling around the diner. Food was great and best of all they made chocolate milk the old fashioned way - with chocolate syrup. The portions were huge and you did not leave looking for more food. In addition the service was quick and very friendly.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

After dropping my husband off at the Animas River for a morning of fishing, I made my way to Oscar's for breakfast. Our hosts had recommended this place so it seemed worth a try. I was not disappointed. I arrived about 9:15 but it was still very busy. My only option was to sit at the counter which was not a problem. I like to watch the cooks and servers hustle about. I ordered the French Toast Plate which included two triangle of thick cut French bread, bacon and two eggs cooked to order. The French Toast is battered and deep fried so naturally it was delicious. The eggs were scrambled well and the bacon was crisp but not hard. All the food that I saw go by looked good so I will definitely come back here on our next trip. This is a very small restaurant so I don't think large groups can be accommodated too easily. There are tables for four along one wall and the counter and prep area along the other. Not too much space to move around in. The décor is American diner with red accents and chrome being the main components. As with any small diner that serves a lot of people in a short time, the staff can be a bit abrupt at times but overall the service was good -- and fast. They serve lunch, too, but I didn't get the chance to check out that menu.

1  Thank 14Art14Trout
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Oscar's Café is a neat atmosphere. The food and service are great. They make the Best Cream Pie you will ever eat. YUM!!!!

Been to Oscar's Cafe? Share your experiences!