“Great breakfast and lunch diner”
Review of Oscar's Cafe

Oscar's Cafe
Ranked #11 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It is based on a 50's diner and the breakfast dishes are excellent. Giant blueberry pancakes, great biscuits and sausage gravy, and eggs cooked exactly the way you order them.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We enjoyed our breakfast here...good for comfort food, not your healthy variety breakfast. Very small, so we lucked out with a table only after a few minutes wait.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Husband and I went here for breakfast based off of several recommendations from others in the area and we were not disappointed! I will say it is a little small, we arrived just at 7am and were able to be seated right away but the place filled up while we were there. They get busy, but that just goes to show how great it is. The wait staff was wonderful, it was obvious they believed in teamwork to make sure everyone is taken care of. The place was clean, I actually made a statement to my Husband about how clean it was. The food was phenomenal and very filling. Highly recommend for a great homestyle breakfast that will stay with you until lunchtime.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We were a little wary when we pulled into the parking lot. It's located in a strip mall and inside is tight quarters. For a Thursday morning the place was packed, so we knew it had to be good. The servers were super friendly and the food was excellent! Country fried steak tasted homemade as did the hash browns. I had the Durango Scramble topped with tons of fresh avocado. It was delicious! The decor is that of a local 50's type diner. This is a must eat at place if you are looking for great breakfast while in Durango!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We decided to give this cafe a try for breakfast during our stop over in Durango because of the great reviews we saw. The menu offered a great selection, and so I ordered a chocolate chip pancake and hashbrowns with cheese. If you don't have to worry about cholesterol or hardening arteries, this place is for you. The pancake was super huge (the size of a large plate) and was definitely tasty. They slather it was a big thing of butter from a bucket, which I definitely scraped off. I was expecting great hashbrowns mixed with cheese, but they tasted under cooked but crispy on the outside. I couldn't taste a lot of cheese, and the seasoning they put on it was overwhelming. Needless to say, I felt greasy and unhealthy after eating this breakfast. It is a cool looking cafe on the inside, with a diner counter/stools and a toy train going around the perimeter. It was always crowded and the service was good.