“Hidden Gem”
Review of Nobody's Inn

Nobody's Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Durango B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very well hidden on the main street in Durango. Once you enter the secret little passage, the rooms are historically decorated and comfortable. Love the candies available to all in the hallway. Easy check in and out.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Nobody's Inn

Reviewed October 7, 2013

After a few days of cookie cutter hotels; not remembering if we were in Lubbock or Lordsburg; we spent a night in the Anybody's room.
We remembered where we were this time.
My wife's first impression was like my first time, wonder if we made the right decision. She was glad I asked her to keep an open mind.
It's unique. I am used to straight lines, perfect angles, you know... anal. This has none of that. I think that's a good thing here. It's clean, made us feel comfortable, and just... what... quaint?
We stayed after schools started back up, and on a weeknight, so noticed no noise from the downstairs bar like I did last trip (during spring break).
This is not a Holiday Inn, and I am glad. And it is the one place we most enjoyed staying in.
We were literally steps away from what we were here for. Shopping, restaurants, the train and so on.
And we only had to park our monster long truck, once, a block away to enjoy downtown.
The staff was perfect. Just what I expected and wanted.
Isn't this what a vacation should be, trying something different?

My wife now wants to stay here again, as I did.

1  Thank Pafoofnik
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed in the Anybody room. It was a little worn around the edges, but fairly comfortable. It was really nice to have a kitchenette. The bathroom is indeed large, and after several days of hiking, it sure was nice to do our laundry! Be forewarned that the dryer vents into the bathroom (which we didn't realize until the room started to heat up), so you need to keep the fan on in the bathroom while it's running.

Also, there is some inaccurate information on their website. Even though it says you have "individual climate control", that's not the case in the Anybody room. There is a controller in the room, but it has a sign that says that the adjacent room has control over your temperature. After heating up our room with the dryer exhaust, it sure would've been nice to cool it off. Also, they didn't leave a gift certificate for the coffee shop across the street (we left a note for them about these things and they never contacted us about it). We did luck into a parking spot right behind the building and just walked to places (there is a lot of stuff nearby!). Overall an okay experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed in Homebody which is a true 1-bedroom apartment. That allowed us to make our own breakfasts, and shut the door to the bedroom when one of us stayed up later. It's funky and fun, everything you need. And what a great location! We walked to dinner both nights and to the narrow gauge train.

Room Tip: Try to get Homebody if you want a real apartment, not just a bedroom.
1  Thank jpj1952
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at this wonderful hotel in August, just adorable! We booked "A Whole Bunch of Bodies which incorporated two rooms - "Anybody's and Everybody" It's a step back in time, you enter off the street - the actual hotel is in the main street of Durango - the black door is on the main drag which is a fascination in itself. You don't meet the people who run the hotel you are given a code to enter the building and then pick up the key when you enter the building. The rooms are large and come with every amenity. Ours was a sixties style room and bathroom, with a kitchen area, so if you want to cook you can. We ate out - plenty of restaurants just outside your door! We adored Durango, the town, the wonderful people, everything was perfect. The only trouble spot for us was the parking arrangements. You have to park on the street and you get a parking pass with your room. we mistakenly thought this allowed you to park anywhere, be warned, some streets you can't be parked in in the wee small hours, we copped a hefty fine for doing just that! We should have been careful to read the signs, aside from that it was wonderful.
I would love to get back to Durango, if I do I will stay here for sure!

Room Tip: Our rooms were perfect - right at the top of one small flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Vivien55
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This location cannot be beat: it is right on Main Avenue, it has free parking, and can be accessed from the front via a staircase or from the back, with step a couple of steps up to the main hall. My sweetheart and I stayed in the Somebody Room, overlooking Main Avenue. The kitchen has a stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, plates, pans, cutlery, glasses, bowls, and just about every implement you need to cook and dine. The main room has TV and free wireless. The only drawback is that the private bathroom is across the hall, but the owners have compensated for that by providing warm bathrobes. The king bed was comfortable and the whole place was clean and well appointed.

Room Tip: We liked the Somebody Room.
1  Thank Reliabill
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here in the "Anybody" room on 7/3/13. Great location right off the main street and close to all the shops. More important for me was the closeness to Steamworks brewing ;o). Parking was easy but I never got to use the spots they actually have for the hotel but rather I parked in a meter, went up tot he room, grabbed the supplied city parking pass and parked in a lot offsite that was very close. The room was nice and well appointed. Came complete with a whole little kitchenette and washer/dryer. Plenty of space to relax. I had friends staying at some close by budget hotels and I am glad I paid extra to stay here. While I understand the whole concept of Nobody's Inn I wonder if it would be better if friendly staff WAS around to greet you and talk about the Inn a little bit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple