New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Serious Texas Barbeque

Serious Texas Barbeque
Ranked #10 of 185 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

We went here with a group for dinner. My wife and I had the 'Big Six'; pulled pork, brisket, turkey, ribs, pork loin and Texas sausage. This is a great dish for two and the BBQ was nicely executed.

The place has a very casual atmosphere, great for our purpose. We sat outside with a nice view of the river and had live music. Next time we are with a group in Durango this place is on our list!

Ajo, Arizona
“Dry ribs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Was expecting some really good food. The seating was nice. Cold beer at counter to choose from in iced bucket, nice. The ribs were so dry we had a hard time swallowing--really no kidding. What time did they prepare these guys?

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shelley H
Owasso, Oklahoma
“Pulled Pork and Sliced Brisket was delish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our kids (18, 21) insist we eat there when we are in town. We ended up eating there twice this vacation. Everything was great except for the cheesy potatoes. They were served not hot. My children thought they were okay. I did not like them. The service was great as usual. A change of taste from the sauce we are used to! We will be back.

Montana
“It's okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Don't get the local favorite lol unless you are a meat and potatoes person.. Umm I wasn't impressed the meat had a smoky taste :) staff was a bit rude there was a choice of a cpl beers I love barbecue I just think it was overpriced and dry and stay away from the coleslaw

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

I visited Serious Texas Bar-B-Q in Durango. As a business traveler it’s nice to have a good place to eat. And for Durango there prices are good. Most of their other place I have tried in Durango are overpriced. I had the sliced beef and it was okay. A little dry this time. I should have stuck to the ribs, they have always been great. I really love there sauce.
Downside was all the flies. They need to do something about that. Continually swatting gets old fast. Even with all this I do recommend them and will visit again. Thanks.