“Pulled Pork and Sliced Brisket was delish”

Serious Texas Bar-B-Q
Ranked #25 of 206 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our kids (18, 21) insist we eat there when we are in town. We ended up eating there twice this vacation. Everything was great except for the cheesy potatoes. They were served not hot. My children thought they were okay. I did not like them. The service was great as usual. A change of taste from the sauce we are used to! We will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Don't get the local favorite lol unless you are a meat and potatoes person.. Umm I wasn't impressed the meat had a smoky taste :) staff was a bit rude there was a choice of a cpl beers I love barbecue I just think it was overpriced and dry and stay away from the coleslaw

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I visited Serious Texas Bar-B-Q in Durango. As a business traveler it’s nice to have a good place to eat. And for Durango there prices are good. Most of their other place I have tried in Durango are overpriced. I had the sliced beef and it was okay. A little dry this time. I should have stuck to the ribs, they have always been great. I really love there sauce.
Downside was all the flies. They need to do something about that. Continually swatting gets old fast. Even with all this I do recommend them and will visit again. Thanks.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was recommended by are hotel for a friendly BBq place. This definitely fit the bill. The staff as friendly and quick getting our orders. We had the turkey, pulled pork and brisket. Allof it was great and had that great smoke flavor. You order by how much you want and the take it to your table. So if you are looking for full service this is not the place for you, but you will miss some great food. It is like eating at a friend house. Also another recommendation I use was most of the people eating there were locals. Would go back.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

The pork sandwich with the cherry chipotle chutney and BBQ sauce is the bomb. My daughter loved her Texas taco with pulled pork, cheesy potatoes and jalapenos in a warm tortilla.

Been to Serious Texas Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!