“Very causal, good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serious Texas Barbeque

Serious Texas Barbeque
Ranked #9 of 190 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
York, PA
“Very causal, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner here on July 6, 2014. We arrived after 8:30pm and they were out of ribs (must be pretty yummy). I would have liked to try them, but everything else we had on the Big 6 dinner we ordered was very good.

This is a very casual restaurant. We placed our order at the counter and carried our food to one of the picnic tables. Untensils, napkins, and condiments are available at a central station. A roll of paper towels is in the center of each table.

Nothing fancy, not the best BBQ, but very good.

1 Thank Jennliner

South Florida, Florida
“Prices were ok. The food was nothing to rave about.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

What makes this place exceptional is their outdoor seating area overlooking the Animas River. Had the food been better, this could have been an awesome experience. Still worth a visit if you have the time.

• Visited June 2014
Daphne, Alabama
“Seriously Pretty Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am not particularly fond of Bar-B-Q meat since I've rarely been impressed by it. However, the food at Serious Texas Barbeque was fantastic. I ordered the beef brisket sandwich and my wife ordered the pulled pork sandwich. In addition, we ordered the apple cobbler with ice cream. Yum yum yum to all of it. My brisket was done to perfection. Tender and absolutely no fat. I ate every bit of it down to the last crumb! My wife's pulled pork was perfect. And to top it off the apple cobbler was hot and very very good. The ice cream on top finished it off. The prices here were very reasonable and the service was quick and friendly. We sat indoors because it was very warm outside on the patio (weather). My only negative comment would be about the baseboards throughout. They were filthy dirty. I would suggest the owners find some "serious" cleaning agent and give them the once over. Other than that, this was a very nice stop in Durango. I highly recommend it.

Austin, Texas
“OK Food with Great Surroundings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Let me start by saying that we are from Central Texas (Austin area) and are very picky about bar-b-que. We had seen the restaurant along the main road leading out of Durango towards Silverton, but weren't really interested in it until a couple of locals gave us stellar recommendations.

We really enjoyed the atmopsphere of the restaurant, the beautiful landscaping, and the plentiful patio seating. However, the food was just OK. We got the package that comes with pulled pork, sausage, brisket, and ribs. The pulled pork was extremely dry and almost flavorless. The sausage was nice and spicy, but just as dry as the pulled pork. The brisket was also dry, but had a nice flavor. The ribs were good, but nothing spectacular. I was, however, impressed with their potato salad and with the side sauces that they serve with their dishes. The chipotle sauce was particularly tasty. That being said, we were really disappointed that they did not have a plain house bar-b-que sauce.

The staff was nice and the menu contained a variety of selections for every taste and appetite, but neither my husband nor I was impressed. Go for the ambiance, not the food.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“cheap, tasty and fast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We arrived around 8 on a Thursday, all main restaurants we tried had 1 hour wait, hotel suggested this place, they close at 9 but since it is counter service it is very fast. The BBQ was very good, cheap and cheerful place, nothing fancy at all but perfect for fast, tasty food after a long days drive.

Visited July 2014