“Good BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were staying in a near by motel and just walked up the street to it and were very pleased. We had the pulled pork taco and a sausage taco with cole slaw and cheesy potatoes. It is not a sit down and order place but the food is really good. If you stay at the Siesta Motel they will give you free soft drinks.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Met my brother in Durango, Colorado to discuss a fishing trip. He previously had eaten at the Seriously Texas BBQ. One walks in and turns to the left to order. The menu is over head and contains the items most of BBQ restaurants I had the pulled pork sandwich and sweet tea. There is a patio that overlooks the river that I recommend. The BBQ sauce on the tables enhances the meal.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love barbeque, but don't like all the bread that comes with a sandwich, so my husband and I both opted for the 1/4# of pulled pork with a side. I chose the potato salad, which wasn't bad, but the pulled pork was fantastic. The smoky flavor was perfection. I have to agree with one of the most recent reviewers that the barbeque sauce left a little to be desired. There weren't many choices--I can't do hot-hot--and the "regular" barbeque sauce was so-so. There is a sandwich that comes with something I think is called a cherry sauce that I would have loved to try...maybe next time. Your soft drink choices are a cream soda and a root beer made right in Durango. They're awesome, too. The patio is a little loud, being perched right on US 550 just north of City Market. You'll sit at picnic tables under cover but open air. They also have carry-out.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've ate bbq all over this country and this was just average in my opinion. My wife and I both had ribs.and they just seemed on the dry side to us to us compared to what we've had at other places. The sides were just so so also. I would eat there againg if I was with friends and they wanted to eat there, but it wouldn't be my top pick. Maybe it was just an off night. They was pretty busy, so I guess the locals like them. We were travelers passing thru.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great ribs, very good brisket sandwich with a smokey flavor. The served it so you could add as much or as little barbeque sauce and you wanted. Colesaw was unique with a little Chipotle kick.

Been to Serious Texas Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!