“not Texas”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I think they need to go to Texas and have real BBQ. Didn't like them at all. I've eaten Texas BBQ when I was in Texas and it tastes nothing like this. I would rather not eat or travel to Texas to eat than eat here. I guess if you've never had REAL BBQ from Texas it would be ok.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went here on recommendations. We were staying at a motel a stones throw away and decided o try it out for convenience and weren't disappointed. We went here on 'rib night' and got half a rack to share along with the taco and a sausage sandwich and a couple of beers for under $25. Everything was delicious! The staff were awesome, very genuine! For a simple place it was worth the night.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

How this has gone from a small BBQ trailer to an instruction in Durango is way beyond me! I seem to end up once or twice a year here for lunch with someone who's buying and regret it every time. What they do to their brisket is an abomination. If you have to eat there, get the Texas taco or be there on the 'buck a bone' rib night.
It is the only place in Durango you can get Blue Bell ice cream, something special? I tried it and it tastes just like the soft serve vanilla at Sonic.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Delicious!!!!! Pulled pork sandwich was $5 and huge. Pork tacos were huge and only $8 for 2. Delicious food and the cheesy potatoes are amazing. We will definitely come back if in Durango again

1  Thank punkinbarbie
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went here for lunch the other day- and it was just perfect. Very casual, order at counter and grab a beer. The meats were delicious and we left with extras! It was very reasonably priced, the only downfall was that we couldn't tip the awesome staff working at the counter! We had no cash and only a card. Next time we go, we will definitely bring cash so the staff can get a great tip!

1  Thank HappyTravels1989