“Good food, great view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serious Texas Barbeque

Serious Texas Barbeque
Ranked #38 of 190 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Fort Myers, Florida
“Good food, great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My fiance and I stopped here late afternoon for what he said was the best BBQ!! He had the BBQ taco and I had the beef brisket with cheesy potatoes!! He was right! It was delicious!! We sat outside on their open deck above the river! Great views and great food! I loved that their BBQ sauce was in old liquor bottles on the tables to pour over your food!! I would go here again!!

• Visited June 2013

Lake City, FL
“Different BBQ Establishment, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Being from North Florida and used to being waited on at the table, the serving format was a bit different. Not used to ordering meat and separate sides at the counter. After the courteous staff assisted us on how to order we enjoyed a great meal. I got the sausage sandwich and my wife got the beef brisket. The food quality was excellent. We enjoyed sitting on the deck overlooking the river that flowed next to the place, great view. We arrived early evening, but shortly thereafter the place filled up. Evidently locals really like the food too. We needed a place to entertain ourselves after the meal so we went to a nice movie theater about a block away and saw a movie. It was a nice evening. Would go back again if in the area.

Houston, Texas
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

OMG what a great place to eat at! I felt at right at home!!! The food tasted so good! I am form Texas and we know our BBQ. I would revisit this place and will let all my fellow Aggies know about this place!! I will miss their food.

Shreveport, Louisiana
“GREAT BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have eaten here several times while in town. My husband eats here pretty regularly and loves the ribs. I have tried the ribs, pulled pork sandwich, Texas Taco, potato salad, cole slaw and cheezy potatoes and all of them are excellent! The ribs are the best!! And how you can tell they are great is, if you don't get there early enough in the day, you may not get any!! The bottled root beer is also a hit, as well as real sweet tea! Being from the south, I find it hard to find real sweet tea when I travel but this place has great sweet tea! We most definitely recommend this place and will continue to eat here!

• Visited March 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“Ribs Done Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good price, great slab, excellent setting on river--patio is especially nice; right next to
the river trail.
Only criticism is that the ribs are only served "wet" though the marinate is tasty good;
my preference is to get them "dry" and then apply sauce(s) to taste.