“GREAT BBQ!”

Serious Texas Bar-B-Q (South Durango)
Ranked #28 of 202 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have eaten here several times while in town. My husband eats here pretty regularly and loves the ribs. I have tried the ribs, pulled pork sandwich, Texas Taco, potato salad, cole slaw and cheezy potatoes and all of them are excellent! The ribs are the best!! And how you can tell they are great is, if you don't get there early enough in the day, you may not get any!! The bottled root beer is also a hit, as well as real sweet tea! Being from the south, I find it hard to find real sweet tea when I travel but this place has great sweet tea! We most definitely recommend this place and will continue to eat here!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good price, great slab, excellent setting on river--patio is especially nice; right next to
the river trail.
Only criticism is that the ribs are only served "wet" though the marinate is tasty good;
my preference is to get them "dry" and then apply sauce(s) to taste.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food is good, the dining view is nice. Restaurant is set along the river and you can dine outdoors. Not the best barbecue I've had, but it was good. Cheesy potatoes were good, but would have preferred something else.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went here with by brother and our wives. Both of us are native Texans. So we know what good BBQ is. I ordered the sausage, wife had beef. Brother and his wife had the tacos. Everything was great. Beans were a little plain.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We moved here from Austin, TX years ago. Elgin is a little town east of Austin and a company there makes the best sausage. We always bring some back when we go back to TX. Husband likes their brisket and sauce. We had the pulled pork which was very dry and you had to saturate it with sauce. The sauce is too sweet for me. The counter help was very friendly. We'll be back just because there's only 2 bbq places in town!

Been to Serious Texas Bar-B-Q (South Durango)? Share your experiences!