“Bed is Not so good, road noise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake
Annie's Mountain Retreat
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the River cabin for two nights in the first week of August because of many good reviews on the Tripadvisor. One of the reviewers who stayed at this cabin at the end of March mentioned how absolutely horrible the bed was, but we wanted to give it a try.

How is it possible that we paid $215 a night and got a really low- quality bed?
We like the size of the cabin and all the amenities, but we didn’t like the bed at all. The bed was so noisy just slightly moving around made it squeak, and we sank down into the bed. We got no sleep, but backache.

The River cabin is eleven steps away from the main road. The river is about three to four minutes walk. We heard noises from the road more clearly than the sound of stream and river.
Glad that we only booked for two nights and we couldn’t wait to stay somewhere else. We won’t go back to stay with Annie again. We want to have good night’s sleep on vacation, not the backache, and felt tired due to the substandard bed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natacha J
There are newer reviews for Annie's Mountain Retreat

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Thank you Annie for making my husband and I's stay in Colorado spectacular. Your Romantic Cottage was AMAZING and the week that we stayed ended all too soon. Thank you for accommodating us to the fullest and calling in to check on us frequently. We felt extremely well taken care of. As for the cottage, it was heaven on earth. Everything was neat and extremely clean. Our hot tub was amazing and we used it almost every night. If you choose not to stay here, you're making a horrible choice. Annie's should be your #1 choice, as I'm sure I can speak for all of her cabins, not just the Romantic Cottage, they are the best around!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theregafamily
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but I really felt that I needed to do so. My husband & I stayed in the River Cabin for 2 days towards the end of March. The cabin was nicely decorated and Annie keeps a stock of things in the kitchen in case you forgot something. The cabin is on the main road but it was really quite. We absolutely loved the Hot Tub, it had colored lighting and a waterfall. This was the highlight of our trip, as we took advantage of the the Hot Tub. Now, I have to say that the bed was absolutely "HORRIBLE" (no exaggerations) and I did not sleep well either night. In fact I got up extremely early because my lower back was hurting so bad. My husband slept okay but that does not say much as he just got home from Afghanistan and he was actually sleeping on a bed spring over there. So anything would have felt okay to him. The furnace just happens to be connected to the bedroom so every time it would kick on it was extremely loud which added to my sleepless nights. I could have gotten ear plugs to solve that problem though.
Cleanliness was good minus the many cob webbs that seemed to be all over the decorations and the rocked fireplace. The bathroom was very clean as was the kitchen. I have allergies to dust mites but I did not have a problem.
If sleeping comfortable is not high on your list then I would recommend this cabin to you. As for me, if Annie got new beds that did not sink down in the middle I would definitely visit again and again.
I would have rated this cabin as Very Good but due to the reasons I mentioned mainly the bed issue I can't rate it any higher.

Fountain, CO

Room Tip: Furnace is very noisy. Uncomfortable bed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here in July 2011 in the River Cabin. It was all that we thought it would be and then some.

The cabin is spacious and has everything you could possibly want. We used the hot tub all the time. Loved it!!

The kitchen has every thing you could ever possibly want with a full refrig.

The decor is so romantic and just perfect. The tub with the river rock surrounding was incredible.

I got engaged here so it's even more extra special to me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnieNBobby
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I spent a wonderful five nights at Annie's. The River Cabin was so comfortable and full of personal touches. Listening to the river just beyond the deck while in the hot tub was so relaxing and awesome after a day of sightseeing and hiking. The cabin was located just a short drive from Estes Park and Annie and Craig left all sorts of information on things to do and places to eat. It was hard to leave and we definitely want to come back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This was our second visit in 3 years. Every year they add a little more accompanyments to the rooms. It is so nice to sit on the back deck and listen to the river rush through. The staff is very friendly and accomidating. They provided us a great breakfast. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We just got home from staying 5 nights in the River Cabin. What a wonderful little piece of heaven!! The cabin is adorable, clean and has EVERYTHING you could ever want or need. It is located ony a few miles from Estes Park and is right on the Big Thompson River. We were sorry to have to leave. Will definately stay there again if ever in Colorado!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Patty3Fan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drake
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park
The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park
The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park
#22 of 29 in Estes Park

Been to Annie's Mountain Retreat? Share your experiences!