“Great Brew Pub”

Dolores River Brewery
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Dolores
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We specialize in community. We are not a casual dining restaurant "concept", we are a small, no wait, "micro" town gathering place. We take pride in our wares both in the beer and food dept., and strive to make you comfortable whether you're local, or just visiting. We specialize in hand thrown, wood fired pizzas and calzones, locally sourced organic salads, and delicious hot sandwiches. We also produce nearly 800 kegs of beer a year right on premise, and have numerous varieties of handcrafted beer on tap at all times as well as several rotating seasonal ales, lagers, stouts. If you're looking for something like Chilis or Applebee's, I guarantee you will be disappointed, if you're ready to get to know Dolores, drink some of Colorado's finest handcrafted beer, and perhaps meet some new friends then you're in for a great time! Welcome!970-882-HOPS(4677) Open Tues - Sun at 4 pm Kitchen closes at 9 pm10 Take outs welcome
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Brew Pub”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great place for a beer and meeting the locals in Dolores. They have a neat outdoor area in the back and some killer pizza.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Macman448

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Thai pizza to die for, very slow service”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you even remotely like Thai food, you must try the Thai pizza. It was absolutely delicious. The food took about twice as long as other told us to come out but then again, if you are in Dolores, you probably aren't in a hurry anyway. My friends salmon Caesar was only ok and my da Greek salad was good but unremarkable. I would go back for the Thai pizza though!

• Visited August 2012
Estes Park
“What customer service?!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

If I could give this place a zero, I would. The customer service is deplorable. After waiting over an hour and a half for a pizza, and having to wait another five minutes to find out what the problem was, we were told that we didnt have to take the pizza by a snide and nonchalant twenty something. No apologies, no offer to make it better, just an excuse that "we're very busy and I'm sure we told you that." I don't care how great the food is, or the beer, take the extra time and drive to Durango.

1 Thank Elan13
Colorado Spring
“Love the beer!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We fell in love with this place last year while on a micro brewery tour, and now we detour just to come here if we're within 75 miles. It IS usually busy with a small staff but we never wait too long for anything. They have awesome pizza and salads (we haven't tried anything else), and their brew is some of the best I've had!

2 Thank C2Holm
Boulder, Colorado
“It Depends on your Expectations . . .”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I'm sure that all 5 of the previous reviewers are correct, at least in their minds. I read the reviews and many of the negative comments are true. So come prepared and I don't think you'll be disappointed if what you are after is great beer, great pizza, and a funky, small town (make that tiny town) atmosphere.

Off season particularly, this is a town (or at most area) place. Most everyone knows everyone, they know what to expect, they know what to order (pizza or salad), and they know the drill.

The drill is that you go up to the opening on the left side of the bar and order your beers, look at the menus lying there, and order your meal. You'll get the beer right away and the pizza will be brought to your table. When I'm done, I just go back to the same window and pay.

I find the other patrons to be friendly. I find the bartenders/waitstaff/cooks to be, at times, harried, but competent and, if they have a second, friendly. The atmosphere is store front, totally open area, wooden chairs and tables, a lively (when kids are there, noisy) atmosphere. It's not quaint, romantic or historic - just old. It's an old-fashioned town bar/meeting place.

Last trip I had a very good, strong ESB and an extraordinarily good pizza (chevre cheese, sundried tomatoes and pesto). I think all the pizzas are good, as are the salads. I haven't had anything else and, if you want to be safe, stick to the pizzas.

This is a very simple place. It's first and foremost a microbrewery of great beers, secondly, a towny gathering place where everyone is welcome. Refined it ain't.

• Visited February 2012