From the initial welcoming cocktail at the saloon we knew we were going to be in good hands. Within the first hour of meeting some of the other guests, the idea that the world is small place was reaffirmed. The beauty of Dunton Hot Springs, and what sets it apart from any other place, is the balance between utter privacy yet true communal bonding. After taking a walk through some of the most serene nature around, you swap stories with the other guests at one communal table savoring some of the most incredible food.
While we were there on our honeymoon we enjoyed everything from lavender french toast with fresh berries in the morning to a BBQ at night of meat that had been smoked and slow cooked all day. On our last night, we even met the resident Winemaker John Sutcliffe and sat for 4 hours enjoying his company. Priceless.
It is hard to do justice to the special interactions you have with the guests and staff alike or really describe the utter rustic luxury that Dunton exudes.
We are already planning another trip back and can't stop talking about our special, incredible 2 days there. The post cards of Dunton are hanging on our fridge as a constant reminder.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering luxurious and private cabin rentals in Southwest Colorado. Our cabins are in the San Juan Mountains. We offer an all-inclusive vacation. Enjoy our full service spa, fine dining, lodging, and activities. Book the entire town for your corporate retreat or wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Dunton Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunton Hot Springs Dolores
- Dunton Hot Springs Hotel Dolores
- Dunton Hot Springs Colorado/Dolores