“Buck's Last Waltz with the Wolves”

Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Divide
Reviewed January 5, 2014

From the moment I heard about this place I was excited and I was not disappointed. The wolves were in wonderful shape. When going in to meet the wolves I sat low next to a tree and before you know it Micah was lickinng me on the face. This was before we were instructed on how to react to the wolves so I didn't respond to Micah and he went looking for better company. 8-) It turned out well. Micah came to me many times during my visit. Keara on the other hand was a little skittish that day. Eventually she came around for some petting & a few snacks. In closing I would like to thank the staff for caring about these important animals and their importance to the balance of nature in their environment. They were able to dispel many of the myths that have grown from either misunderstanding or outright lies. Well worth the money for this unique experience.

1  Thank 4everateo
in 8 reviews
"animal lovers"
"once in a lifetime"
in 12 reviews
"wolf and wildlife center"
in 19 reviews
"love animals"
"amazing experience"
in 13 reviews
"tour guides are"

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Volunteer guides who know, and clearly care, about all their charges, a lot of canids and a lovely setting in the mountains near Colorado Springs: what more could you want? A very worthwhile excursion even if you only take the basic tour (as we did: may well take the VIP tour next time).
Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

What an amazing experience! We loved every minute. We received a lot of interesting information and marveled at the beauty. Our group ranged from 25-62 and everyone gave this place a thumbs up! I read a comment about sad the wolves were confined. They are all rescues and rehabs that could not be released. You can tell by the wolves actions they are loved, happy and well cared for! Dumb people caused them to be here to begin with. This wildlife rescue place is a blessing.

1  Thank Brenda F
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We did the standard tour + the VIP which allows you access to the wolves in the enclosures. If you are already a medium to large size dog owner, you may want to save your money for something else or go with a group of 4, as the price is the same for 1-4 people. We have a husky and it really wasn't much different than being with her except they are bigger and play bite harder. The tour is guided by some very passionate people and really is a lot of fun to see them all, I believe 17 in all.

3  Thank ComiKeith
See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Patrick, our tour guide, was great. He is well versed about each animal, from the foxes to the coyote & wolves, telling us their backgrounds with a sense of humor. Enclosures are large and natural. You're suppose to hear the wolves howl at the end of the tour with the group jump starting them, but partway through our tour they started up on their own & drowned out everyone. What a howl! A must trip for the whole family. Easy gentle walk.

4  Thank carol11111