“Bucket list MUST DO !”

Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Divide
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

For $10, you will tour the grounds and see many different wolves and foxes. Your guide will be amazing and entertaining. But the absolute must do is the VIP and photo add on. This was one of the most incredible experiences as you play and interact with the wolves and get wolf kisses. They are incredible animals. The VIP tour and photo packet is just a bit over $200 and will cover 4 people. Worth every penny.

2  Thank ReneeYoga

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The tour started out w a overly crowded waiting area that was littered w things to buy. There were 2 dogs a cat and ferrets too. There was no direction on where to stand or wait or check in. Finally someone yelled that checkins needed to see her. As the tour starrted we couldn't hear one word the guide said. Later on I wish this was the case. She talked so much and so fast. My kids couldn't enjoy it. The lost focus quickly. Keep in mind the tour is over an hour and you stand for long periods at each area. The guide feeds the wolves treats to get them to come close. Even when the wolf was nowhere to be seen she threw food over the gate. It seemed to be non sanctuary like to be training the wolves to come for food. I can't comment on political views as she spoke so fast and so much that we missed alot. Also our group size was so large, over 35 people, that we couldn't see and had to wait to see the wolves and then we were behind and missed what she said because she wouldn't wait to start speaking. Half the group missed things she said. We were so dissapointed. No recommendations from me.

1  Thank bebedani
CWWC1993, Volunteer at Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit to Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center. We try to engage all of our guests during tours so that everyone will have a chance to see and learn about our wolves, foxes and coyotes. Our tours typically book out May-September, and on weekends. Guests can expect tours to include 35-40 people during these months, or on special events such as Full Moon Tours. Our tour guides are always willing to listen to feedback, and we encourage guests to let them know if they need to speak louder or slower. If guests are interested in taking a smaller tour, we encourage visiting on a weekday, or during the winter months. Tours can also be reserved by a single party if the party is willing to purchase the space for our maximum amount of 40 people. We appreciate your feedback as we are always working to improve our educational tours and overall experience for our visitors.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was very impressed with the set up of the rescue. Beautiful, large natural surroundings to house the animals in. They have room to run, bask in the sun and nice dens to escape any harsh elements. Staff was very knowledgeable, sharing stories of each wolf. The foxes there were endangered and the staff shared how horrific it was for them to be in "fur farms".
The grounds are landscaped beautifully as well and wild flowers galore.
Well worth the $10. and all donations are tax deductible.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The trip was wonderful, and definitely worth the $10.00 charge. The staff was very knowledgeable and answered the many questions our group had. The howling finale was incredible and the staff seemed to genuinely care about the wolves. They shared a story of each wolf and how they came to live at the Wildlife Center. My only complaint was that when we arrived our tour guide announced that this was only his second tour. He did an AMAZING job. Had he not told us, I wouldn’t have guessed he was new at this. Unfortunately, there was another guide trailing along with our group as his trainer. She repeatedly interrupted when our guide misspoke, or mixed up the name of a wolf. She was rude and made our group feel extremely uncomfortable when she did this. Other than that, our trip was fantastic. We would certainly go back.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visiting the wolf sanctuary was one of the coolest experiences e-v-e-r! Although some of the wolves here are socialized, all of them remain wild. ~Should something happen causing them to have to suddenly be released or to flee, say a wild fire, for instance, they would be able to survive on their own in the wild. You'll receive an hour long very interesting and very informative tour as you walk through the sanctuary with your guides talking about the specific wolves you'll be viewing inside their enclosures within their natural habitat. They do have different tours that run throughout the day. I arrived for the 4pm tour which cost $10. Following the guided tour, I opted to experience the wolf encounter. After signing a waiver, I was taken into one of the wolf enclosures and got to spend 15 minutes interacting one-on-one with two of the Timber Wolves, Micah and Sabara. I was taken by surprise and absolutely delighted when they both suddenly came up to me, one from the left and the other from behind as I took a seat on a large boulder rock inside the enclosure and they both simultaneously began giving me wolf kisses aka licking my face relentlessly. I still giggle when I look at the pictures. The guide who was with me also snapped 50 candid photos with a professional 35mm camera as I interacted with these beautiful incredible animals. The photos were downloaded to a disc and given to me to take home. A 15 minute interaction is $100 and a 30 minute interaction is $150, both of which come with candid shots they'll take while you are in the enclosure. The proceeds from any purchases including the cost of the tour goes back into the Wildlife Center allowing them to continue their wonderful yet necessary work and continue the exceptional care they provide to all of the animals there. Definitely money well spent! Everyone should experience this place and these amazing animals to gain a better understanding and appreciation for these often feared, often misunderstood animals. The people who run the sanctuary truly love, with a heartfelt passion, what they do there. Each of us was asked if we enjoyed the tour once it was finished, allowing whomever wanted to, to engage the guides in conversation. I noticed one guide in particular hugging many of those that were on the tour goodbye, including myself prior to parting ways. ~It was a sincere added touch by this guide in particular as a testament to how very much she loves what she does and how much she appreciated us being there and going on the tour. Along with the wolf interaction, listening to the wolves howl together was incredibly moving and so awesome! You will not be disappointed when you choose to visit the Colorado Wolf & Wildlife Center! Such an amazing experience with total WoW factor!