“Best part of our visit to the Colorado Springs area!”

Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Divide
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best part of our visit to the Colorado Springs area!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is definitely worth the short drive from Colorado Springs. The facility offers 4-5 tour times throughout the day and you must call ahead to reserve your spot. Another reviewer expressed her disappointment in not receiving a refund for canceling a reservation made several weeks in advance. There is no reason to make a reservation any earlier than the day before or of your tour. We called around noon and they still had availability on their 4PM and 6PM tours. I recommend the 6PM tour as this is when the wolves are fed and you are able to get up close with the wolves. There is a bit of a discussion on the front end of the tour about conservation, etc. but I think this is expected anytime you visit such an operation. Overall, it was informative and didn't get too political, which I felt was good. I was surprised at the number of people in our tour group that were not aware of the horror of guaranteed hunts. The visit to see these beautiful creatures (along with some rascally foxes) was one of the highlights of our Colorado trip. I think you'll enjoy it too!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Annie C

Gilmer, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful time!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We took our three boys, ages 18, 15 and 9 and everyone loved it! This will make you appreciate the wolf and wildlife in general. They will share some sad stories, about how they rescued these animals, but thank God they are at this facility now. All ages will enjoy this and I would say it is a must see. This is only about an hour drive from Colorado Springs and worth the trip!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank bbowman7
Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I found out about this attraction on TripAdvisor and was happy that my schedule in Colorado Springs worked out so that we were able to take a tour. Our tour guide Michelle could not have been nicer and more helpful. We learned quite a bit about the wolves as well as the other animals on the property. We did decide to pay extra for a chance to meet a couple of the wolves and you quickly realize that these truly are wild animals. I did get a wolf kiss but unfortunately encountered one wolf who was more interested in a treat than taking a photo. I came out with a scratched arm but this is certainly something that you must have to expect in an interaction like this. The staff did take me into a different enclosure where I got some great photos. My only complaint was that the girl taking the photos was a bit condescending, especially when I asked for some neosporin for my arm back at the office. However, I won't let one bad apple spoil the bunch as everyone else was wonderful. All in all, the experience was great and I will definitely be back if I am in the area again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rebecca K
Denver, Colorado
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“So glad we went”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time in Colorado and I have been wanting to stop here every time, so we finally did. Very happy we made time for it! The tour is inexpensive, the guides are very friendly and informative, and the sanctuary itself is very impressive. The wolves have more space than many animals I have seen in zoos. You can tell they are well taken care of and the staff truly cares about the well being of the animals. If you are in the Colorado Springs area, it is worth the extra drive to go see. And how often do you get to howl with wolves?!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank AHFisher
Omaha, Nebraska
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best part of the trip!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We took the Moonlight tour where you arrive just before the sun goes down. You get a tour of all of the wolves and we even got to pet a baby wolf! At the end of the tour you end up in the dark and you howl at all the wolves and the best part is...... they howl back. It was an amazing experience and we will defiantely be going back.

Visited May 2013