“Tasty and Filling” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Tasty and Filling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Have been driving by this for years. My son and I stopped on a camping trip. We found the food to be awesome and the staff fast and friendly, no issue paying with a credit card. We liked it so much we stopped on our way back, only better thing would be if they had a cold beer to go along with the tasty food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Divide, Colorado
“new ownership and sadly gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

first impressions: the lady who introduced herself as the new owner has "bit**" tattooed on her cleavage and there is truth in advertising. the door was open when we walked in and asked if visa was accepted, as we had no cash on hand . we were brusquely told that we should have seen that ourselves by the small sticker on the sticker covered door in our backs . well .. sorry for asking! .. so we order .. get food and .. it has nothing in common with the great grub that used to be the fare here . the "hot" bbq sauce is more or less mild by any standard.. the meat is dry as a bone and the bun is so dry it crackles. slaw and potato salad manage to taste like absolutely nothing and even the beans are not the brown sugary awesomeness that they once were . very sad to see that one go :( as locals .. I don't think we'll pay the steep price again as the value just isn't there any longer.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Palatine, Illinois
“Smokin' Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Small little place with big flavor. I tried both the pulled pork and the brisket. I always try my Q without sauce and the brisket was flavorful and moist. The pork had great flavor but was a little dry, so I tried the sauce and it enhanced the flavor. My son had an elk sausage (well ok he had 2) and it tasted delicious.

Visited April 2014
Golden, Colorado
“The place looks bigger than it is - don't recommend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I have driven past this place many times and thought about trying it but we always timed it wrong. One day we found it open and dropped in around 11:30 for lunch.

Smokin Q does mainly BarBque. The building looks large but when you go in the actual area is quite small. They have an order counter and seating on stools for about 4-6 people.

We walked in and stood at the counter waiting while the lady chatted with a local. No one said boo to us. Thinking coming here might have been a mistake, we were about to leave but a young girl came out from the back and asked if we would like to order. We both ordered some special they had that included a bar b que sandwich, cold slaw, and a soda. $16 - pricey for what you get.

The local guy finally left and here we were, seated on stools at a short counter along one wall. The owner? (lady who had been talking to the old guy) just stood at the counter and stared at us - I guess we were now the morning's entertainment. :)

The food arrived in those little plastic baskets with a sheet of waxed paper inside. The cole slaw was pretty good but the sandwich didn't taste fresh - like it was yesteday's warmed up.

I asked at the counter for our drinks and the lady says "turn around" and there in the corner is a little refridgerator where we were allowed to take two cans of soda. Whoopee! :(

We made the best of things and stared at things on the walls. When we saw they advertised they can serve food the size of a baby that will feed 19 and then show that next to an actual baby we sort of lost our apetite. Taking only our cans of soda, we left.

Now I am giving the place two stars rather than one because I hear someone else has bought the place and it is under new ownership. Maybe the new owner will take more interest in the place.

• Visited July 2013
Milwaukee, WI
“Always worth a stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've stopped here a handful of times when in that area of Colorado and every time I've been very pleased. Most recently I had a brisket sandwich was hearty and delicious and worth the money. I sat outside even though it was cold and windy - but with the glassed-in patio fencing it was actually very pleasant. I found the staff to be refreshing; not chain restaurant plastic smiles but genuinely concerned with making good food and getting you what you ordered. Anytime I'm in the Colorado Springs area I try to make a trip out here and every time it's worth it.

• Visited April 2013