“One of the best state parks around.”
Review of Mueller State Park

Mueller State Park
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Divide
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic park.
Divide, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“One of the best state parks around.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Great facilities, clean rest rooms and friendly staff. Terrific views of Pikes Peak. Hiking trails and nature at your back door. Stayed here in our 5th wheel RV.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank paul f

Plano, Texas
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Remember, you are at over 9,000 feet. READ THIS REVIEW!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went here in Jan. of 2014 with my son-in-law & granddaughter who is 4 years old. It was exquisitely beautiful and the lady in the gift center was very nice & helpful. It was clear & pretty warm & the snow was deep. We saw deer up close & personal & shot great photos.

BUT remember the altitude. I went there alone with the idea of camping in my new Chevy HHR in July, 2013 and had an Atrial Fibrillation that almost did me in. I was stupid and did things like drive straight through from Texas, forgot to take my needed meds and almost got into a car accident by being run off the road by an idiot in a hurry. But pay attention, especially if somewhat disabled. Do not be a fool like I was. It cost me dearly. Allow yourself to gradually adapt to being that high and DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER.

I just returned from a 6 day vacation booked by my daughter at the Mountain Fortress near Cripple Creek. Got serious altitude sickness once more. After 2 days I went to the e-room @ Pikes Peak Regional Hospital in Woodland Park and got a script for Oxygen. This home is at about 9,500 feet. I didn't enjoy my stay but everyone else loved it. PAY ATTENTION... I AM GIVING YOU GOOD ADVICE HERE!!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank jdalerose1
Georgetown,tx
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Stay here, avoid Colorado Spgs.”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We've stayed at Mueller four summers and will return again. The campground is well designed along the spine of a mountain. Look east and see Pikes Peak. Look west and see several mountain ranges as far away as the San Juan's on a clear day. Mount Massive and Elbert (south of Leadville) can be seen from Grouse Mt. Overlook. There are 55 miles of trails are varied and a joy to hike. Early reservations are a must as this is among the most popular. I own a fifth wheel and have liked pull through site numbers in the mid to upper 80s. Even if you don't have a RV or like to tent camp, there's several rental cabins Horses are permitted along some trails and there's a barn and corral.

The Park is a great hub to visit area attractions such as nearby Florisant Fossil Beds Ntl. Monument, Shelf Road from Cripple Creek to Canon City, Woodland Park, Pikes Peak etc.. A great day trip to get a feel for the area is eating at Buck Snort Saloon in Pine Colorado.

PS The Waldo Canyon fire of 2012 didn't burn any of the park's trees.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank jpt51
Divide, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place but too many restrictions.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

A little expensive to visit more than once, and so sad that dogs on leash are not allowed :( WE only hike where our small terrier can go-he's always on leash and we pick up after him. He is less destructive than most human beings. The local people used to ride their horses through that area all the time- they are not big fans of the State taking it over for the tourists.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank C H
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“serene beauty”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went in early autumn of 2013. Absolutely breathtaking beautiful vistas of the mountains. There were little ponds at every pull off. We didn't spend too long there as our daughter was quite small.at the time. But, we can't wait to go back this weekend! Amazing piece of natural nature at this park! And no dogs are allowed because there are a lot of mountain lions and bears.

Visited October 2013