“Good value for Summit County”

Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge Area
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We spent three nights here on a visit to the Summit County area. It was a good value for the area and worked out well for us, but it is certainly nothing fancy. The rooms were clean but the beds were not the most comfortable. Our biggest frustration was the lack of electrical outlets. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 26, 2010

We arrived in town very late and checked into the Super 8. Until we could check into our condo the next morning. This hotel is old, old, old, the beds are hard. I was exhausted from driving for 12 hours and I still couldnt sleep. The place was expensive $100 for 2 regular size beds. We ask for a rollaway and they told us they didnt have any ..ever. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela4492
Reviewed July 8, 2010

1 Night passing thru, a little worn but clean and quiet enough. Definitely a skier's haven. I imagine it gets a lot of hard use during ski season. Convenient to food, groceries, and fuel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We arrived at the Super 8 during an early snow storm in Sept 2009. It was price was reasonable and the check in staff was pleasant. There was a frig in the room, which was nice. We didn't need anything fancy and will stay here next time we are in town. Not far from the hotel was an outlet mall and a great place to eat - Dillon Dam Brewery.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Our room was clean and in a quiet part of the building. The only gripe was the terrible view of the retaining wall behind the motel. We weren't there for the view though. We just needed a decent place to rest. Motel is close to restaurants and there is a gas station right across the street. Nice breakfast with warm bagels. We would stay here again if given the chance.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I recently stayed at this motel and have no complaints. It was the cheapest lodging I could find within a reasonable driving radius of Copper Mountain Resort with decent web reviews. I wasn't expecting a luxurious 4 or 5 star hotel going into it. The room was overall clean, front desk staff attendant when I checked in was friendy, and the morning contintental breakfast exceeded my expectations (multiple food selections). Also there is free high speed internet. I also liked that I could smell the cleanliness of the linen sheets. You can visually tell the place is a bit dated on the inside but you also get the feel that management is doing a good job of the general upkeep and maintenance. I'd return.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linz
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I stayed there for 9 nights for an extended skiing trip. All I was after was an inexpensive place to crash. It fits the bill perfectly. Their rate was about half of other places in the area, the room was adequate and clean. There was even a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, which saved me even more cash.

No, there is not a hot tub. Big Deal. I think the tubs at most hotels are disgusting anyway. And there is a place just up the road where you can go hot-tubbing if you like. The super 8 is convenient to the interstate, but not noisy, close to some decent restaurants, and right across the street from the Keystone/A-Basin bus, which came in real handy when my car broke down and I was still able to go skiing. And they have wireless throughout.

So, if you are looking for a resort for your ski trip, stay away and pay the big bucks. If you're like me and just need a warm bed so you can hit the slopes hard again the next day, the Super 8 provides a great value.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheBloviator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
#4 of 13 in Silverthorne
Alpine Slopes Lodge
Alpine Slopes Lodge
#3 of 7 in Keystone

Been to Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge Area? Share your experiences!