“You will not beat this place for value”

Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge Area
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
US
“You will not beat this place for value”
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Older Super 8 close to Breckenridge and by far, the least expensive place to stay. The room was clean and also had microwave and mini fridge. Nice. But, the room is rather small even for 1 queen bed with furniture sticking all over the place, so be careful when you walk around at night.

The breakfast was the standard carb choice (cereal, bagels, etc.).

Shopping and restaurants are very close by and the Outlet Mall is right down the street. If you do not feel like driving, free public transportation is available.

I am not certain if I would stay here again (the freeway is noisy especially if you like to sleep with windows open), but if price is the main consideration, you will not beat this place for value.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank KHL12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2006

I was a bit concerned when I read the prior posters experience with this Super 8. But I called the place to schedule a reservation to discover the Hotel is over 25 years old!

HOWEVER>>>>>>>>

We got a great deal for two rooms. One room with a Queen, another with two Queens. My experience was very good for the cost. The beds were comfortable. The hotel was very clean. The attendant was very kind, and gave us great advice on where to eat and ski. The contentinental breakfast was also good. French Toast, Bagles, cereal, fruits, juices. Just about everything except eggs and bacon. PERFECT. We did experience the hot-and-cold shower thingy. But it was only short bursts. Not enough to make you jump out of the shower or anything like that.

The location is perfect for going to the ski resorts. We skiied Keystone, A-Basin, Vail. All within a commuttible distance (10-30 minutes). I am planning on going back next year. And I will DEFINETLY go back to Super 8 Dillon!!

Thank You SUPER 8 for the consistantly good value!!

CM
Indianapolis, IN

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 31, 2005

I have stayed in many hotels before but this one is by far the worst. After booking a room on Tuesday with two queen size beds for the following Saturday I was quoted $71.99 for the room which was supposed to include my military or AAA discount. I arrived on Saturday and once checked in I realized we had a room with only one bed. Since there were three people staying in the room I proceeded to the front desk where I was told they were completely booked and unable to give me room with the two beds. The bathroom was clean however the shower would turn hot and cold, which makes for an interesting shower experience. The next day we checked out and I was presented with the bill. I now had to pay more for the room as the prices went up that week???? After arguing my case they gave me the room for the initial room rate of $79.99, however said they were unable to honor the military or AAA discount. So $87.99 later I felt betrayed and insulted at the same time.... what a terrible experience. A couple of days later I discovered that I was charged twice for the room and although they credited my account after I had called and complained I feel that this is just not right. I also called their customer service line to lodge a complaint but have yet to hear back from them.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Comfort Suites Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon

Been to Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge Area? Share your experiences!