“Tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dillon Dam Brewery

Dillon Dam Brewery
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Dillon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an American-style restaurant serving lunch, dinner, and a kids' menu. Regionally sourced meats and produce anchor our large menu. We weave beer into our recipes and design our food to pair with our brews. We try to offer something for everyone. That's why we have such a large menu and brew beers from the very pale to the very dark. And we do give a Dam about dietary restrictions - so we offer gluten friendly and vegetarian options.
Chadron, Nebraska
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went for dinner prior to New Years Eve. It was very busy. We knew there was going to be a wait, so had planned for it. It was about an hour. Everyone at our table either ordered the burger or the chicken fried chicken. Food came out pretty quickly for how busy they were. Burgers were all slightly undercooked compared to what was ordered. We generally eat pretty rare burgers, these could have had a few more minutes on the grill. However, they were very tasty. Chicken dish was very good also. Our waiter was very pleasant. I didn't think the beers were very distinguishable from other small town breweries. Tried the pumpkin porter, wheat & pale ale.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Good food and beer in the slopes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to run for after a day in the slopes. We were really hungry after snowboarding for hours and mountain mac an cheese with chicken with a gourmet beer fit more than ok.

Denver, Colorado, USA
“Going downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This has been my go-to spot for lunch on the way back from snowboarding at Copper for the last few years. From this most recent visit it seems that things are beginning to go downhill.

This visit I went for lunch with two other people. I expected to wait and the 20 minute wait I had was pretty reasonable for how busy they were. (It would be nice if there were somewhere inside to wait though. Waitresses have to be able to move throughout the restaurant and I constantly felt like I was in the way.)

The waitress was friendly enough once we were seated. We ordered immediately and that was the last we saw of our waitress.

The food came out wrong and after 10 minutes of being unable to get anyone's attention my girlfriend had to stand up and physically take her food back to the kitchen. As she was walking back to the table our waitress told her she was sorry and had just been sat with a large table. I understand that and used to wait tables myself, but that shouldn't mean you neglect your other tables.

A waiter from another section and a manager ended up taking over our table because the waitress literally never came back. They were both very friendly.

Food was ok but the service was well below anything I've experienced here. I may go back, but will probably look for somewhere else to go on the drive back to Denver.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
“bad experience, so didn't get to eat there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We wanted some clam chowder on a cold December night. I called the Dam Brewery to ask if they had clam chowder "to go". The lady who answered the phone said they don't usually do that, but they could very easily give us clam chowder "to go". I asked her for directions to the brewery, and found out I was just 1 block away from the restaurant. When I arrived 5 minutes later I asked at the front desk where I could order clam chowder "to go". The lady at the desk told me I could not get clam chowder or anything else "to go". She said I could put my name on the list to eat there, only. I said I had talked with the manager just 5 minutes prior and she said I could get clam chowder "to go". This lady at the desk said I could not get anything "to go", and she said she was one of the managers. I asked if she was the person I had just talked to, and she said no. I wanted the "to go" food because I needed to get home with some food for other family members. Obviously, the manager at the desk wasn't going to allow us to get food "to go", so we left with nothing. We drove a mile away to the City Market grocery store, and picked up 2 quarts of clam chowder to go. It left us with such poor thoughts of the Dam Brewery that we never considered going back during the time of our visit in that area.
We had tried earlier in the week to make a reservation, but were told they don't take reservations.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Longmont, Colorado
“Go for the Beer and the Beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Love the beer and the service, but the food was OK, nothing to write home about. Very family friendly, which is great when you have a bunch of kids.