“Great Beer and Food”

Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Dillon
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are an American-style restaurant serving lunch, dinner, and a kids' menu. Regionally sourced meats and produce anchor our large menu. We weave beer into our recipes and design our food to pair with our brews. We try to offer something for everyone. That's why we have such a large menu and brew beers from the very pale to the very dark. And we do give a Dam about dietary restrictions - so we offer gluten friendly and vegetarian options.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The beer is top notch, and the food is great too. I usually go with the recommendation of the staff at a place I have never been to, and it did not let me down. Extensive menu, health portions, and great beer to wash it down with.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The microbrews are award winning and the apps are huge. So if you are thirsty and hungary this is the place to go!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We checked this out after reading the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor and weren't impressed from the start. We were asked to sit near the bar even though it was not busy and there were plenty of tables. We obliged and continued to wait for 10 minutes before someone stopped by- after I asked for service. The waitress apologized and said she was working the upstairs and downstairs... I don't really care, there were plenty of employees around goofing off, so not asking for a drink order within 10 minutes? No excuse. Really. We waited another 10 minutes for the drinks to come out, then ordered beers and appetizers. The beers were fine, not great, but good, but not good enough to make a trip back here, that's for sure! The food was boring, bland, overcooked, and over priced. Surely there are better places around here. If nothing else, the staff needs to be managed better- it's not okay to be talking about your last night's date next to the table with customers (and children sitting at the high top behind us...) and ignoring your customers... basic customer service and a good cook would go a long way at this place.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Yes, they have great beer. They used to have great service & great food. We have been here several times throughout the years but this last time was bad enough for me to write a review!
We only had to wait about 20 mins to get a seat on a Friday night. That was awesome!
They sat us next to a huge, LOUD group. They must have rented out part of the restaurant. Trying to get around their area was not fun.
We waited awhile to see our waitress. My husband & I knew exactly what we wanted. The Friday special, that was advertized everywhere. When we were ready to order, the waitress said that the special was sold out. Yes, it was Friday night, however, it was only 5:30PM! Who sells out of their special so early? Before the real dinner crowd? So we asked if we could get another item for the same price. She checked with the manager & they said yes. It was $4 off of the main price, so it was very generous.
Come to find out, they were sold out because everyone in the group next to us had ordered it.
After ordering, it took a long time to get our food. We have children, so they were getting hungry and cranky. Our waitress didn't come around much and when she did, she looked as if she was having the worst day of her life.
We got our food and after taking a few bites, I was done. I had a wrap. The flavors were off and it just didn't taste the way I expected. My husband's steak was cooked well, but he said the flavors were off as well. The children had chicken fingers and they enjoyed them. I don't like to complain about the food, so I just let it be.
After waiting at least 10 minutes after asking for our bill, our kids were beyond done, so I gave her my card without even looking at the ticket. I just wanted to get out of there. After another 10 minutes of processing the card, she came back. I tipped her an above average for her service tip b/c I felt bad for her. My husband glanced at the ticket & noticed that she did not take off the extra $$ like they had originally agreed to. Thank goodness he looked. I mean, yes, it's only $4, but when you spend $80 on crappy food, it's a big deal.
When she finally came over again, we showed her. She looked like she was going to lose it at that point. My husband took the kids to the car while I waited at least another 10 mins to get the new check.
Long story summary, we will never go back. Great beer, bad food, awful service and a lot of $$$

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My whole family loves the Dam Brewery. We have their glasses, their T-shirts. The food is good but not mind-blowing. However, the beer is exceptional and there's always a unique and interesting choice to sample, such as the whisky-barrel beers. And there's the whole "dam" thing ... the jokes abound on the menu and all the merchandise. It's a lot of dam fun.The atmosphere is always laid back, typically quite busy. Servers are efficient, knowledgeable about the brews. Sit upstairs unless you enjoy sports programming on multiple screens. If you love sports, sit on the main level and revel in the luxury of being able to simultaneously monitor several matches. Menu choices cover the gamut but focus on burgers. Some OK vegetarian options. We really enjoy this place and always come back for the hand-crafted brews and the fun atmosphere.