“very nice”

Swan Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Dillon
Reviewed August 25, 2013

very nice place to stay. We stayed in a 1 bedroom with a sunroom. It was very spacious and loved the seperate eating area. Not enough seating to watch TV in the evening for the 5 of us.
The grounds were ok. plenty of weeds in the rocks near the guest rooms and looked like they may need to upgrade the maintance and ground keeping staff. The front desk personel were very pleasant and helpful. Not a lot to do but really who goes on a vacation to hang out at the resort? I liked the daily trivia contests ( I won 2 days so Im biased). Poll was small but not a lot of people in it so it worked for us.
I would rank this a 5 but I cant get over the weeds in the flowers near the rooms and the overall poor uupkeep on landscaping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This makes the 3rd time my wife and I have stayed at Swan Mountain. We have always found the condition of the units to be more than acceptable and always have been overwhelmed by the helpful and courteous nature of the staff. We also like how the resort is tucked away in a very quiet neighborhood and yet reasonably accessible to the local communities, recreation path, Lake Dillon, etc. We have vacationed in Estes Park, Steamboat Springs, Ouray and Durango, and although we have enjoyed all of those vacation spots and the available lodging we have yet to find a place that provides the value for the money as Swan Mountain.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bdrm 2 bath unit for a week in the first part of June. I would have to agree with the majority of reviews I've seen posted for this property. The grounds are nothing special, but they do keep them well maintained. The unit we stayed in was spacious and comfortable, but definately dated. The units inside were very clean. Paint on the outside was peeling and the boards on our deck floor were past time for replacement. I did notice the building next to ours looked like it had new (steel?) siding and possibly they just haven't got to this one yet. The staff here is where this place really shines. The contact we had with all staff members was awesome and they went above and beyond on any requests we had. All in all, we had a very relaxing week at Swan Mountain. A little maintaince and updating, and this place would be top notch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KansasRoadKing
Reviewed June 8, 2013

As others have mentioned, this is not a fancy, upscale ski resort, but it is a very pleasant place to stay. I'll give the pluses first. The staff is very eager to make your stay enjoyable. They had snacks, lemonade and coffee available every time we went into the office. They have movie rentals for $2, and actually have some new releases. The unit itself has one of the best stocked kitchens that I have seen, including a few staples, like salt, pepper, sugar and cream for your coffee, etc. Plenty of detergent for the dishwasher, as well as for the washer/dryer that was in our unit. They even had some tupperware that we could use when we went on hikes, and picnics. We stayed in the 2 bedroom unit, and there were 2 tv's. One in the master and one in the den. Plenty of towels, and they have towels available in the pool/hot tub area as well. They also have a covered garage, and small storage area for skis and snowboards, though we were there in May, so we did not use that. They have bike racks for bikes as well. I probably would have given it an excellent, except that the grounds are really nothing special, and the units, though very clean and neat are a little dated. The bathrooms are really small, just a tub and a toilet. The kitchen is very well stocked, but also very small. Just enough room for one cook for sure. The big bedroom had a king size bed, and dresser, but not much room for anything else. It got kind of stuffy in the bedroom at night, but they did provide a box fan. I don't think they have an A/C, but it was pretty cool when we were there, and keeping the windows open helped. This might be typical of that area.The TV offered basic cable, no movie channels. No free wi-fi, it was an extra $20 for the week. So, all in all, a nice place to stay, since we really didn't spend that much time in the unit, because we were out and about, hiking biking, etc.. I'm not sure I would want to spend a week here if I wasn't able to get out and do the activities in the area. Oh, one other thing, there is a large outlet mall in the area, so if you like to shop, there is that activiy. It's an outdoor style mall for the most part, so I would think it would be pretty cold in the winter.

Room Tip: None of the units are on ground level, that I saw anyway. Up one flight of stairs for second floor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SuzyA400
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've been staying in timeshare condos for over 15 years and this one really stood out. The small things made a big difference.

When we first arrived I was a little disappointed as I kinda expected this big fancy ski resort, but it turned out to be a lot smaller than expected and built in a neighborhood vs a resort area. After we stayed a few nights it started to sink in that I didn't need to be staying at a fancy, large, resort. It was nice to not have the crowds. We even had our own covered parking space so we didn't have to worry about our car being covered in snow.

When we checked in they had a really nice folder with lots of helpful information. It contained coupons for the local area and Breckenridge, the weeks weather report, activities list, even a list of suggested things to do. The units had a DVD player and they had a great selection of movies to rent at the club house. I loved having a wood burning fire place. They even provided a starter log and all the fire wood we could burn. In the condo they had name brand items, like hand soap, detergent, and other products. It was nice to not see the cheap generic brands. They also had a humidifier with a note that suggested we use it to help off set the effects of being at the higher altitude. Like I said all the little touches made a big difference.

The one and only complaint is that the blinds in the master bedroom were white and the sunlight would come right in so it made it hard to stay in bed and sleep in. It also was lighter than we would have liked during the night as it let in light from the parking lot. It would be a quick and cheap fix to improve for future stays. We debated handing a blanket over the window to block out the light, but we decided not to mess with it.

The staff were all great. Very friendly and helpful. The resort had a great location. Only a short drive to several top locations in Colorado. We did several day trips and saw a lot of Colorado. It was great to use as a home base. If coming back to this area of Colorado we would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Book a 2 bedroom that sleeps 8 (If using RCI) or ask for a room with the loft. It was nice to have t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eric S
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two weeks and really enjoyed it. The staff was very. We would return and recommend.riendly and efficient. They were always looking to make the stay better. Compared to similar resorts we have visited in the past in this area, this was much better.

We had a one bedroom unit. It was large and light. The full length windows in the living area provided some pretty mountain views to watch the falling snow. It was great for a couple, but the sofa bed area in the living area has a privacy panel, making it nice for a small family or even a second couple. The second bath helps in this regard as well. The covered parking space was nice and the resort did a good job with driveway and sidewalk snow removal.

There are plenty of restaurants, shops and activities in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Moondoghmb
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love Swan Mountain Resort. The unit we stayed in was a two bedroom / two bathroom unit. The kitchen was nicely stocked with everything we needed. We cooked every meal in the room. This is the 2nd time we have stayed here. If you are looking for a brand new place, this is not the place for you. However, this is one of our favorite places. It is very homey and has everything we want. The only thing that I don't like is that internet access is an additional fee. We refuse to pay for it, so we just don't use it while we are there. If not for the additional fee for the internet, we would give this a 5 star.

Room Tip: Book early as this resort is hard to get into. I always book at least 10 months out to get this fac...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SFox67550
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
#3 of 7 in Dillon
Wedgewood Lodge
Wedgewood Lodge
#2 of 23 in Breckenridge

Been to Swan Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!