“Hidden gem !!”

Swan Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Dillon
Reviewed October 20, 2011

An excellent timeshare and also nightly rental establishment. We had a two bedroom with loft, which included three bathrooms, fully stocked kitchen, washer and dryer and nice covered sun deck. The indoor pool is immaculate, along with the indoor hot tub and an outside hot tub, both extremely clean and hot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Swan Mountain Resort

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We splurged on a two bedroom unit, for two of us with the plan that we'd keep all of our motorcycle gear tidily out of the way in one of the rooms. We got a unit that was almost the size of our house!
Climbing the stairs to the third floor unit was sometimes challenging, at the altitude but worth it to get to such a wonderful home away from home. Reserved, covered parking was available close by. We enjoyed a cozy lounge with a fireplace, luxury kitchen with everything one could want, and a very comfortable bedroom. There was a whirlpool tub in our room. Upstairs was another bedroom plus a loft with futon. The loft also had a super comfy chair and ottoman, which made a super place to sit and read. We also had a balcony. The views were great.
We were unlucky with the weather - it rained/snowed for five of our seven days there, in early September. The washer dryer was extremely welcome.
The decoration and furnishings in our unit were immaculate. We even had fresh flowers on arrival, then a delivery of new flowers mid week.
The only negative that I can think of is that the wifi was not consistent. For a couple of days we had a strong signal but most of the time it was iffy. Even the hardwired computer in the community room seemed to struggle.
Fantastic location. Great motorcycle roads. Bicycle friendly community with bike paths everywhere.
If you stay here, you must visit the museums in Frisco and South Park City.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I was hoping to rent small condo or cabin in the mountains for two nights and lucked into the rental at Swan Mountain Resort. Very small complex of condos', well groomed and maintained units. The previous reviews were very negative regarding the furnishings but my two bedroom was recently refurbished. Large fireplace, living room, kitchen, two bath and two bedrooms (kingsize and 2 twins). The kitchen was well stocked, pans pots dishes, coffee, toaster, micro-wave. The bathrooms were small, as well as the bedrooms but we were happy with the unit,. Our condo was a lower unit but we had large number of windows and sliding glass doors which gave plenty of light.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank docsla
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My husband and I can't wait to stay at this place again next year. The 2 bedroom with a loft was HUGE! Also with having 3 FULL baths you could easily sleep 6 Adults and some kids. When we stay at timeshares we always cook. They had everything you could think of for cooking, lots of pots and pans, a wide variety of utensils, hand mixer and even a popcorn maker. The fire place worked great, putting out lot of heat and keeping the place very warm. The staff is great and they have fun daily games for small prizes for adults and children. The pool is warm, big and great for getting some laps in. There are two hot tubs, one out side and inside, both awesome to relax in after a long day on the mountain. The place is easy to find and right near Keystone, but not far if you want to visit Breckenridge, Abasin or even Beaver Creek and Vail. I would highly recommend this place. I would also recommend bringing food and cooking, however there are many places to eat in the town of Dillon which is about about a 10 min drive from the resort.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BrandyWestmoor
Reviewed January 22, 2010

It's about 10 minutes off of I-70. It's close to Dillon, but not exactly in the town. It's very close to Keystone Resort, which is excellent. I got the 2-bd, 3-br, 1 loft unit, which was nice and spacious. I did alot of cooking in the unit, which saved money. I also used the washer/dryer, which meant I did not have to bring too much clothes for the week. The jacuzzi was nice after a hard day of skiing. The only problem was that it was in a separate building from mine, so I had to make a mad dash across the property in 15 degree weather to get to the activities building. To me, it was like living in an apartment for the week. The only problem I had was the water heater went out twice during the week. I'm not a cold shower person, especially when it's January in Colorado

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jackzero
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I spent several nights at Swan Mountain Resort during the first week of November 2009 on a RCI week exchange. This 30+ unit property is currently maintaining a gold crown status with RCI (one of only a few in Colorado) and it is easy to see why this holds true. The property is conveniently located just outside of Dillon's town center and not far from Breckenridge and Cooper Mountain. The units are spacious, clean and cozy. Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen with everything you need to enjoy your stay. Units feature a washer and dryer within the unit. During my stay, I was assigned to a one bedroom for 4 people which featured a master bedroom with king bed and a futon bed in a separate room (sun room). The unit featured two full bathrooms with a whirlpool tub/shower off the master bedroom. The unit also featured a gas fireplace. Beside 1 bedroom units, the property also has 2 and 4 bedroom units. There is plenty of free parking but each unit has an assigned one covered parking spot with an equipment storage closet which is great for those winter days. The Clubhouse, which also act as the check-in office, features a wonderful indoor pool, two hot tubs (indoor and outdoor), a small fitness room, a computer with internet and printer access, a couple table-top games and locker rooms with plenty of pool towels. The staff is friendly and informative. Within 5-10 minutes from the property are plenty of shopping including a large grocery store and outlet shops. The only draw back that I found was that the property offers little for social activities or night life and the closest bar/lounge is driving/taxi distance. But on the flip side, this draw back can be a plus factor for families or those looking for piece and quiet. For those driving from Denver, and first time mountaineers, I would recommend exercising caution and patience when driving highway 70 as there are several steep inclines that may give you white knuckles. To further my positive view of this property, staff called me a couple weeks after my stay to ask how I enjoyed their property. If I was returning to Colorado, I would certainly stay once again at the Swan Mountain.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank StandingRoom
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Can't believe someone would write a bad review for Swan Mt Resort. It was very clean and nicely decorated. 2 Bedrooms. 3 Baths. The table was set with beautiful Orange Fiestaware dishes. The view was very nice. My sister-in-laws live in Denver and I came to visit. So we only spent 2 nights there to just getaway to the mountains. We took a drive to Frisco, Breckenridge, and Vail which was a very beautiful drive. You have to go eat at Red Mountain Grill which is on the way to Swan Mt Resort. We ate there twice and would have gone more if we stayed longer. Great food and uniquely decorated . The Condo was very clean. They supply you with alot of amenities. Wood for the fireplace, dishes, cookware, coffee, coffee filters, hot cocoa, salt and pepper, dishwasher soap, clothes washing soap, and many other amenities. The only thing was there wasn't a TV upstairs. But that was ok. They have a really nice clubroom, pool and spa. They also have alot of games you can borrow. The staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank juamcd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon

Been to Swan Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!