“CLEAN, SAFE and WARM”

Ranked #1 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Dillon
New York City, New York
“CLEAN, SAFE and WARM”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My husband and I can't wait to stay at this place again next year. The 2 bedroom with a loft was HUGE! Also with having 3 FULL baths you could easily sleep 6 Adults and some kids. When we stay at timeshares we always cook. They had everything you could think of for cooking, lots of pots and pans, a wide variety of utensils, hand mixer and even a popcorn maker. The fire place worked great, putting out lot of heat and keeping the place very warm. The staff is great and they have fun daily games for small prizes for adults and children. The pool is warm, big and great for getting some laps in. There are two hot tubs, one out side and inside, both awesome to relax in after a long day on the mountain. The place is easy to find and right near Keystone, but not far if you want to visit Breckenridge, Abasin or even Beaver Creek and Vail. I would highly recommend this place. I would also recommend bringing food and cooking, however there are many places to eat in the town of Dillon which is about about a 10 min drive from the resort.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrandyWestmoor

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 22, 2010

It's about 10 minutes off of I-70. It's close to Dillon, but not exactly in the town. It's very close to Keystone Resort, which is excellent. I got the 2-bd, 3-br, 1 loft unit, which was nice and spacious. I did alot of cooking in the unit, which saved money. I also used the washer/dryer, which meant I did not have to bring too much clothes for the week. The jacuzzi was nice after a hard day of skiing. The only problem was that it was in a separate building from mine, so I had to make a mad dash across the property in 15 degree weather to get to the activities building. To me, it was like living in an apartment for the week. The only problem I had was the water heater went out twice during the week. I'm not a cold shower person, especially when it's January in Colorado

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jackzero
Saint George, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I spent several nights at Swan Mountain Resort during the first week of November 2009 on a RCI week exchange. This 30+ unit property is currently maintaining a gold crown status with RCI (one of only a few in Colorado) and it is easy to see why this holds true. The property is conveniently located just outside of Dillon's town center and not far from Breckenridge and Cooper Mountain. The units are spacious, clean and cozy. Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen with everything you need to enjoy your stay. Units feature a washer and dryer within the unit. During my stay, I was assigned to a one bedroom for 4 people which featured a master bedroom with king bed and a futon bed in a separate room (sun room). The unit featured two full bathrooms with a whirlpool tub/shower off the master bedroom. The unit also featured a gas fireplace. Beside 1 bedroom units, the property also has 2 and 4 bedroom units. There is plenty of free parking but each unit has an assigned one covered parking spot with an equipment storage closet which is great for those winter days. The Clubhouse, which also act as the check-in office, features a wonderful indoor pool, two hot tubs (indoor and outdoor), a small fitness room, a computer with internet and printer access, a couple table-top games and locker rooms with plenty of pool towels. The staff is friendly and informative. Within 5-10 minutes from the property are plenty of shopping including a large grocery store and outlet shops. The only draw back that I found was that the property offers little for social activities or night life and the closest bar/lounge is driving/taxi distance. But on the flip side, this draw back can be a plus factor for families or those looking for piece and quiet. For those driving from Denver, and first time mountaineers, I would recommend exercising caution and patience when driving highway 70 as there are several steep inclines that may give you white knuckles. To further my positive view of this property, staff called me a couple weeks after my stay to ask how I enjoyed their property. If I was returning to Colorado, I would certainly stay once again at the Swan Mountain.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank StandingRoom
Calif
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Can't believe someone would write a bad review for Swan Mt Resort. It was very clean and nicely decorated. 2 Bedrooms. 3 Baths. The table was set with beautiful Orange Fiestaware dishes. The view was very nice. My sister-in-laws live in Denver and I came to visit. So we only spent 2 nights there to just getaway to the mountains. We took a drive to Frisco, Breckenridge, and Vail which was a very beautiful drive. You have to go eat at Red Mountain Grill which is on the way to Swan Mt Resort. We ate there twice and would have gone more if we stayed longer. Great food and uniquely decorated . The Condo was very clean. They supply you with alot of amenities. Wood for the fireplace, dishes, cookware, coffee, coffee filters, hot cocoa, salt and pepper, dishwasher soap, clothes washing soap, and many other amenities. The only thing was there wasn't a TV upstairs. But that was ok. They have a really nice clubroom, pool and spa. They also have alot of games you can borrow. The staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank juamcd
Wichita, KS
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I think the best part of staying here is the location. I've never had so much to do. First, there's the town of Dillon. There's good food and great shopping...and lots of mountain biking/hiking trails. We ate at the Dillon Dam Brewery...esp great onion rings...shopped at the Silverthorne Outlet (Outlet down the street?! What more can a girl ask for?)...and biked up a section of the Rocky Mtn right next to the Swan Mountain. We also biked the trail from Dillon to Frisco (the next town to the west). We drove from Dillon to Boulder, Denver (1-1.5 hrs both), Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park and Estes Park (both around 2 hrs),..so much to do. When we were at the resort, we enjoyed a 1 bdrm with full kitchen and fireplace room. We saw that some of the rooms even had a bar set up. Anything that you could need was provided was there...The last night, we soaked in the outdoor hot tub...wonderful. The staff was really polite and helpful. There was really nothi to complain about. Just for background, we stay at anything from econolodge to 5 star resorts, and we're very happy with our experience here. If there was any complaint, I guess it would be that pets weren't allowed....but that's insignificant compared to everything they did provide us. O, and you don't have room cleaning every day...which was fine by us.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lilorchid82
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We just got back from a week at Swan Mountain. We loved the location in Dillon. So many choices of ski resorts and the outlet mall shopping in Dillon was great. The resort is not a new and fancy as some we have stayed but very well maintained and the management was great. They stocked the rooms with more than just shampoo and soap. They provided laundry detergent for washing clothes, everything for coffee, including several different types of sweetners. It just made it nice that so many little things were provided. I had an emergency tooth problem and the front desk got me into to a great dentist only 10 minutes away, and he saw me immediately. They followed up to make sure I was o.k. Would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
BOSTON UK
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Had a terrifc week sking in the Colorado Mountains, whilst staying at this RCI affiliated time share resort. We had a 3 bedroom unit with 3 bathrooms and a full kitchen. The Unit was warm ,comfy and well appointed. The resort itself has a good indoor heated pool and jacuzzi with a outdoor hot tub just right for a cold drink and watching the sky at -15 degrees,

The area is good and the skiing even better. A car is an essential for travel too and around the area.

This would make a lovely base for a Summer walking, hiking, biking or boating holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
#2 of 21 in Frisco
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Swan Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!