“Very Average At Best”

Pug Ryan's
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Dillon
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pug Ryan's opened in 1975 making it the oldest steak house in Dillon. The brewery started in 1996 and poured its first beer February 1st 1997. In May 2012 the Pugs expansion was completed. Additional brewery space and equipment were added with a new deck, bathrooms, entrance and remodeled side dining room. Pug Ryan's lakeside Tiki Bar at the Lake Dillon Marina is open seasonally during the warm months of the summer. With the best view in Summit County on its deck and the light lake breeze to keep you cool while sipping on your Rumrunner, it's easy to see why the Tike Bar has drawn travelers from all over the world and has been enjoyed by locals for years.Pug Ryan's has a family feel with its staff. With a majority of the staff being long time friends you will see soon why it's hard to leave.
Colorado
“Very Average At Best”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

My family and I ate here on a Sunday evening in April. After trying other local favorites in the area for years I have always wanted to try Pug Ryan's. The beer was good, the food was average. My wife had the English dip sandwich which was too dry for my liking even with the au jus. I had a burger that they seemed to have used caned mushrooms and sauteed them. Our kids chicken fingers (3 small pieces) and fries cost $7.00 each. The server was short for words, couldn't make eye contact and seemed as if he was just going through the motions. I have had better food, beer and service down the road like many of the other reviews here. I cant say it was terrible but I have way better.

• Visited April 2011

“Great Steaks and Prime Rib!”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Best dinner we had on our trip! Everyone's steak and prime rib was prepared as requested and was delicious.

“Detour that rocked”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We were planning on heading back to Denver from a weekend in Vail/Beaver Creek, then they shut I70 due to a hazmat spill. We wanted a steak, googled a local place and just showed up. My dad and I both got the steak special and it was great. He got this pilsner and liked it a lot, and he brews his own beer. Ended up being a good detour. Looked like they had a cool bar too.

Akron, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Totally enjoyed both dinners there during this trip.”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

My son lives in the area and we went there twice in the last two weeks. The first time we got a "2 for $22" prime rib that was outstanding. Service was the best of the best.

The second time we went I got fish and chips - probably the best I have had - period. Service again, was excellent.

I will always go back to this restaurant when I am here, usually 2-3 times a year.

Saint Francis, Minnesota
“Best Steak and Seafood served with their fine brew and a good view”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

They have a steak with crab and béarnaise sauce that is the most wonderfully decadent meal you will ever have! It washes down well with wine or one of their micro brews (which normally aren’t my thing). They also prepare the local trout up real well too
The only complaint is don’t get the mashed potatoes, I’m sure any other option is better.