Review Highlights
Beautiful!

Reviewed October 2, 2018
KLisenbee
via mobile
Lake low but still plenty of it.

Reviewed October 1, 2018
lengelman
Denver, Colorado

All reviews bike path water taxi swan mountain beautiful lake scenic ride enjoy the view amazing views paddle boats short hike place to stay water craft fresh air every angle rec path walking trails great destination summit county
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful scenery with a paved walking trail. Could take sunrise and sunset pictures... or any other time of the day and have some pictures to show to friends and family.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Helpful, friendly staff and beautiful views. Such a wonderful day! And our Dog was a good girl and enjoyed the ride too!

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Obviously the reservoir is very low, low enough that the boat ramp at the primary marina was closed when I was there. There wasn’t much going on in the water with motorized watercraft.
So while I sized up the water conditions around the lake I found the one jewel I was looking for. The East Side Marina is a hidden treasure. If you sail, you’re probably familiar with this marina. The boat dock on this side of the reservoir is still plenty deep to allow a keel to keep from getting ruined. The sailors were enjoyable to watch as they set off and opened their sails. There were perhaps 20 sailboats in the water at once. There was plenty of wind and the white sails seemed to be dancing together in the water.
My personal experience with the marina workers was excellent as I found them very forthcoming, ready and willing to provide the information I needed to launch and fish on this side of this large body of water. The boat ramp here was nearly empty and the dam was an easy paddle away. I had an easy time catching my limit with no snags on a mostly smooth lake bottom. This is a beautiful Colorado destination surrounded by mountains, tall pines and colorful aspens. I’m guessing the water is down at least 20 feet, a reflection of the recent lack of winter snow.
I’m only giving this area 4/5 stars and if full of water deserves 5/5.
Frisco is full of great places to eat, drink and be merry. It’s essily accessible from I-70 and even if you can’t use the reservoir for fun times, you owe it to stop at the view area to take a picture. Consider staying in the area and making this a future destination for yourself or the family. I don’t think you’ll regret becoming more familiar with Dillon Reservoir.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

While en route to Vail we passed through mountains where the Dillon Reservoir is found. The Dillon River feeds it.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

we went to Dillon Reservoir for a kayak and to enjoy the scenery and mountain air. It was definitely worth it, beautiful mountain backdrop and a large lake/reservoir to paddle or power boat on.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Great place for a all or a bike ride, morning ,noon or evening, with great panoramic views and photographic moments

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Lake Dillon has beautiful scenery and is a great place to walk around as it is very peaceful. Great place to have a picnic.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Lots of focus on river-oriented kayaking in Colorado, and for good reason. Yet some of us want a flat-water experience. We had a good time at Dillon Reservoir. There’s an easy boat launch for those who have their own boats, and rentals are available. Get there early as it can be crowded and parking fills quickly on a nice day.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I went for a hike around the reservoir, I took the free shuttle from Breckenridge to Frisco and walked around the lake. That was too much, but biking would have been perfect. The path around is all asphalt (so it was very hard to walk 31 km on), so you'll not need an offroad bike. It's also possible to bike to and from Breckenridge. I don't know about any activities on the lake itself, but there were plenty of people kayaking and sailing and such.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Rented a boat which was very fun, it was a beautiful day. There is a nice outdoor theatre where they have music on the weekend and movies on Sunday evenings. The restaurants we tried were all good especially the Dillon Dam Brewery. Wonderful food an atmosphere.

3  Thank nlhccliff