“Not the best of experiences”

Comfort Suites Summit County
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My stay at this hotel did not start out very well. After I made reservations I sent an email from their website asking whether they had a treadmill. I did not receive any replies. If you tell people that you are going to get back to them within 72 hours then follow up on this.

When we arrived and walked into the room the air conditioner was making a very annoying buzzing sound. I called the front desk to mention this and while on the phone it stopped. The front desk employee did apologize and asked if I wanted a new room. Since the buzzing ended I said no. It did restart again the next day and I walked over to the front desk to let them know. A different front desk employee told me that this is normal. I said that it was very loud and asked if somebody could take a look at it. Well, apparently they did but it did not fix the problem entirely. The metal case surrounding the air conditioner was loose and while the buzzing wasn't as loud it did continue on and off.

Then the smoke detector kept going on and off one night and we called the front desk. Somebody came by to take it down since they did not have replacement batteries but they were not going to give us a different one. I had to ask for it first. It seems like a bad idea to be in a hotel room without a smoke detector. One of the employees did wind up getting a different one for us.

Back to my treadmill complaint, while they did have one it was not in very good shape. The incline did not work and it was set very high. I could not change it. We were there for 6 nights and nobody came by to fix it.

The other complaint I have is that the bathroom door is a sliding door without a very good lock. It is very difficult to open and close it.

The rooms were pretty clean as was the pool. The outdoor area was very nice as well with a great view. This hotel is in a great location since it's close to Breckenridge where we hung out. There are also many nice restaurants within the walking area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank palatiner
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Summit County

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and comfortable. Front desk employees (Summer and Jay) SUPER nice and accommodating. Room was nice and quiet and Summwr made sure we received a room with a view, which wasn't a guarantee but she followed through for me. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had a delayed flight and arrived in Denver late. Stopped here since I had been here before and new it was clean and comfortable.

It was as a remembered, room was great, the bed was clean , Jacuzzi in my room and great view of the mountain.

I only stayed one night but had used the same place for a family vacation where we did many activities around the area.

The rooms are nice and large.

Room Tip: Even if your staying one night , drive up to the Dillon Dam, the mountains look beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel in beautiful location. Near alot of shopping close to I-70.we had room 145 its in the corner and view all around and tjem you go to the pool and hot tub with a view.very friendly staff not much option on breakfast. Very clean hotel are room was clean and very big

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Have stayed here a few times before and again was a great stay. Friendly staff and hotel & grounds are kept nice. 1st floor King room was very nice/clean. Breakfast was standard Choice with Egg/sausage/pastry/cereal/waffle. Clean area. Nice pool and hot tub was outside with nice view.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry1031
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Excellent hotel. All was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was above average. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The surrounding area is on the commercial side, so the aesthetics are not superb. However, this is the mountain country of Colorado, and spectacular scenery is close at hand.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We just used this hotel as an overnight stop-over on our way through Colorado. Friendly service, clean updated room, comfortable bed, usual CHOICE Hotel breakfast, great value. Only complaint wad the A/C. Had to turn it down to 65* to get comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Silver Inn
Silver Inn
#2 of 13 in Silverthorne

Been to Comfort Suites Summit County? Share your experiences!