“not happy”

Comfort Suites Summit County
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A friend and I stayed at your hotel this weekend (18th-19th October) I have to say we were very impressed up until we left, the hotel staff were very welcoming and we arrived at 8pm after a long drive and we aren't from the area, we are infact from England and South Africa! so didn't know what there was to do or where to go for dinner and the guy at reception told us some recommendations he had. overall our stay was very pleasurable and we got such a good deal on our room and were very happy. although a few hours later after we checked out I realised I had left my iPad on my bed. I am100% positive that it was on my bed. I rang up the hotel and spoke to someone who very kindly went and personally (or so he said) checked the room but housekeeping had already been and he said he couldn't see anything and that he'd ask house keeping the next day and ring me back. The next day arrived and he didn't ring me back so I rang back and was told nothing's been handed in. So housekeeping have obviously found MY iPad and just kept it for themselves. my iPad is engraved with my name on, it was an 18th birthday present and I'm in America working for a year on my own with my family and friends back in England so this iPad is my way of communication and holds some very special memories. it has a password on it so good luck getting on it whoever took it. But I'm so disappointed that someone from housekeeping has taken it and not handed it in. I feel the hotel could do more to find my iPad, check CCTV, ask the housekeeping staff who cleaned my room, and do more to find it as I feel like I am being fobbed off everytime I ring. I understand that it is partly my fault for leaving it behind but I would of thought housekeeping would have the decency to return it. I only rang up regarding it a few hours after we checked out! I feel like it has ruined such a lovely stay and me and my friend were going to return in a few weeks for another weekend away but now I'm not sure if we should bother.

• Stayed: October 2013
GMCO001, Manager at Comfort Suites Summit County, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Ellie Newton,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate the kind compliments for my front desk staff in assisting you throughout your stay. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging accommodations. Your feedback is very important to us and allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel staff for failing to meet your expectations regarding the search for your iPad. I was able to do some research and called the Apple Store, and it was recommended to use the "Find My iPad" Application to find the location. Also, the representative said every iPad has a distinct serial number, which can be used to file a police report. I would be happy to assist you with the search, please contact me at the hotel directly. I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for you in the future. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Dillon. Thank you so much. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I love staying at this hotel when we venture up to Summit County to get away for a weekend. It is incredibly convenient to all of the best activities in the area (hiking, Lake Dillon, restaurants, grocery store, etc.) We were just here a few weekends ago on the 6th and I have to say, no matter what time of year we go, we absolutely love the outdoor hot tub! Plus the rooms are fresh with the newer linens updated in the spring I believe(?), quiet, and a great price especially for the area. One of the big reasons we return time and time again is the outstanding staff and management! We are always greeted with friendly faces and all of the front desk agents are very knowledgeable of the events in town and great places to eat. Great value and always a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Put in a request for an odd numbered room to get a great view of Buffalo Mountain in the morning! 14...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda S
GMCO001, Manager at Comfort Suites Summit County, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for continuously choosing our hotel as your lodging accommodations in Summit County! I am happy to hear that you are pleased with our service and amenities. We have year-round activities anywhere from biking, boating, and horseback riding to snowshoeing and skiing. Thank you for noticing our new linens. We upgrade our hotel constantly in every department, so we may provide the best possible service for all our guests. Don't forget your swim suits so that you may have the opportunity to relax in our pool & hot tub area again! I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived in the evening and booked this hotel in the lobby through our Choice Rewards account. When we checked out the room, it was awesome. We have stayed in many Comfort Suites, but this one was huge. We had 4 adults and requested a mountain view. Were blown away by the big entryway and lots of room to move around. It was a corner room with two windows facing the Rocky Mountains. Our favorite hotel of our 12 night vacation. Location was great with lots of restuarants and shopping nearby. Easy to find.

Room Tip: Corner rooms probably have a better view and more space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon B
GMCO001, Manager at Comfort Suites Summit County, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! On behalf of our staff, I would like to thank you for your kind and generous words. It is rewarding to receive compliments because my staff is diligent, attentive, and compassionate with their duties. We hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one! See you soon!
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was fantastic! We had a room with a jetted tub and balcony. The staff was very helpful and friendly! The room was very clean! The sheets were clean and smelled great! No bedspreads!! This is what EVERY hotel should be!!! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tonsingr

My staff and I really appreciate your feedback! We all work very hard to provide excellent service, and it is rewarding to receive a compliment. I am very grateful you were satisfied with the king suite with balcony and jetted tubs. It is one of our most popular rooms for its amenities and the view of the scenic mountains. Our bedding is constantly upgraded to provide the fresh and clean experience for all of our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites Dillion a couple weeks ago after a trip from blackhawk and got in late around 2 am and the night auditor Christian (i think) was very nice. I slept great and the next morning poor christian was working breakfast at 9am! Give the guy a raise or a day off, he seems like a valuable employee to have.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joel R

Thank you for being a repeat guest at our hotel! We really appreciate the opportunities you have given us. I am very grateful to have a caring, hardworking, and motivated front desk agent, Christian. He is a valuable staff member! Thank you for the kind words. I have shared your feedback with Christian and my staff, so we may continue to provide excellent service. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

A rock hard bed, a room that smelled like mold and dirty feet and staff that didn't seem to care about any of it will keep me away from this hotel in the future. For the cost of the room, we should have stayed at one of the ski resorts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheri7428

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the firm bed and the aroma of the room because it did not meet your expectations. It is important that our guests are pleased with the quality and comfort of our room, and I regret that you were not satisfied with the accommodations or my staff’s response. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Please contact me directly, so that we can have another chance to provide you with an outstanding experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Suites on a recent trip. Very nice rooms with a very nice location. Comfortable beds is a must and they don't disappoint. They have a nice outside hot tub which was great after a long day traveling. Front desk help was also good for choices for eating that night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are elated that you enjoyed your trip to our hotel in the heart of Summit County. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Thank you for noticing our new beds. We have recently changed the bedding in our rooms as well. I agree the hot tub outside is a great place to relax after a day of outdoor activities. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We hope to see you in the near future! Thank you so much!
Marsha No

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Silver Inn
Silver Inn
#2 of 13 in Silverthorne

Been to Comfort Suites Summit County? Share your experiences!