“Don't Make a Special Trip HERE:(”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Mountain Grill

Red Mountain Grill
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Dillon
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Breckenridge, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Make a Special Trip HERE:(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

We are Breckenridge 'locals' that have lived all over the country. On the weekends, we have a family tradition of trying a different place with our 2 children. I read the reviews and was skeptical. We are not a picky family - we have 2 little boys so Red Robin is okay with us. I heard the decor in RMG was cool- so I talked my husband into trying this place. It's the 'off season' so there were only 3 occupied tables in the whole place. The furnishings are great and they have a nice bar with flat screen TVs. That's the only positive thing about it.
The hostess was on a personal phone call when we walked in and did not bother to hang up. Finally, when another person came to seat us we realized there are no booths which can be tough with children or families with babies. Despite the fact that the place was empty, I still had to leave my seat to go find our waitress to take our order. On the kids' menu it says 'includes drink'. I ordered my kids a pepsi and root beer. The waitress delivered my 3 year old a root beer in a glass bottle (with tile floors everywhere). I asked for a cup and got it 1/2 hour later. This 'kids' root beer' was actually not included - it was $3. I got an asian chicken salad which was cabbage marinated in vinegar - one of the worst salads I ever had. My husband got the ahi tuna salad - he said 'it won't win awards but its ok'. I asked for an extra order of fries for my younger son and she brought a tea saucer with about 10 burnt pieces of fries that came off the bottom of the fryer. The waitress was not unfriendly - not friendly. No one in there smiles and they are not hired for personalities. They all seem lazy and disgusted we are bothering them. Usually in the resorts you get this attitude at the END of the ski season but it has not even started snowing in breckenridge yet. The only thing I would advise is a Bud Light which is a sure thing. Everything about this experience SUCKED and we will never return and spread the word this place SUCKS. Please enjoy some of the other great places in Dillon like the Dam Brewery. I have taken my kids to Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, and Burger King and got better service and at the very least, a smile, or a real order of french fries. The total bill was $68 for 2 salads and 2 kids meals. Ridiculous.

1 Thank SneauxBunny

Dillon, Colorado, USA
“Pass on this one”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

The atmosphere is actually really cool here. That is essentially the only thing this place has going for it. Food is below average and the waitstaff is average. I do not see a lot of value in this place. Might be worth grabbing a quick drink at the bar after mountain close, just to see the interior design - but that is it.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is really cool looking anD the...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

This place is really cool looking anD the service was good. I can't comment on the full menu because we only went for brunch. The breakfast was great and after reading all of the bad reviews I opted for the steak and eggs medium-well. The cut was good and the steak was tasty. All in all the breakfast food was good. The brunch menu is also very reasonably priced. Food aside the interior of the restaurant is one of the coolest I have ever seen and the bathroom kicks ass. Definately worth a stop.

Iowa
“Unique experience for any venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

We have been to RM Grill twice. Each time was very enjoyable but the main reason to eat here is to see this very unique restaurant. I doubt you have ever been in a more detailed, elaborate, and interesting place. I suspect more than a million was spent on building this place and it certainly shows. We always suggest that our friends and family eat here just to check it out. No one has ever complained. This is the most discussed spot in Summit County. Very cool experience. The food? Well, I am sure it was very good but it plays second fiddle to the physical setup.

1 Thank channingdutton
Colorado
“One of the worst Ski resort meals I've endured”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

Chose to eat at the Red Mountain Grill because it's looked exciting - looks can be deceiving. Don't order the fish, supposedly flown in fresh everyday! The Mahi Mahi was just thrawed and cold in the center - what's more alarming is the kitchen didn't fire a new one, they put the plate under the grill/in the oven to heat it up. The meat dish was disappointing, cold veggies, OK prime rib. When I discussed the meal with the manager, Andy ?, he didn't even offer to comp the fish! I was so digusted with the meal that I asked several locals about the restaurant - none of them use the Red Mountain Grill, becuase of similar experiences or their reputation for v.poor food. One even told how sick they were following a meal there. I spent an uncomfortable night while my system tried to digest their food.