“Good apres-ski dinner”

Red Mountain Grill
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Dillon
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Muskegon, MI
“Good apres-ski dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were looking for something other than fast food and happened to see this place up the hill from the road. Nice atmosphere, good service and food was tasty. We had a half order of the pulled-pork nachos to start but it was huge and I would order a full order to split between two persons for a light dinner. I had the mahi-mahi fish tacos which I would recommend - very fresh-tasting. My boyfriend had the fajitas which were also good. The menu had lots of options and I considered returning another night, had we been in the area longer.

• Visited January 2013

DALLAS TX
“Get the burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

after a day of skiing 4 of us went to the grill to watch the football game, drink some cheap brews, $3, and have a nice meal. The burgers and fries were actually very tasty but the prime rib and the trout were both mediocre.
Predictably, there was a long wait but the service was better than average.
This is an apre' ski bar & grill so keep your expectations at this level and you'll have a good meal, good time and a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family recently vacationed in the Dillon area and had dinner at Red Mountain Grill late one evening. The service was so-so to begin with. We had a young male server who kept calling us all "guys", including my 80 year old mother-in-law, and who would disappear for long periods of time. Needless to say that getting a drink refilled was quite the challenge. The food was average at best.

Before we left, my mother-in-law ordered an expensive pasta dish to take home to her husband, who was suffering a bit from the altitude and decided not to join us for dinner. When we brought the meal home, he opened the container to find it only half-filled. For $18.00, he felt that he was not getting his money's worth. It was too late to drive back to the restaurant that night, so he returned the next day to speak with a manager. There was no manager at the restaurant at the time, and the woman at the reception refused to deal with the complaint. They would not refund the money or even issue a credit for another meal. That was not the first time that my husband and I had eaten at Red Mountain Grill because we vacation in the area quite a bit, but it certainly was the last. The quality of the food is on par with an Applebee's or Chili's but the prices they charge are not. It's over-priced and not worth the visit.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank newenglander1111
Allenton, Wisconsin
“Red Mountain Grill AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved this place. went for happy hour and had wonderful food.
They had $5 pizza's and wings. Wonderful Food and drinks.
Service was A+++
Had people around us that were uber friendly.
Great time!

• Visited October 2012
Elgin, Illinois
“No Service, Plan on a long wait”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Well... we went there for lunch since we knew they had very good salads.. steak, chicken, taco.. etc. There was one... yes.. one (1) waitress for the entire restaurant and bar! She took orders, delivered the food and busted tables. We waited a long time to be greeted and even longer to have the food delivered. I just do not like to beg for a re-fill. I kept thinking.. I wonder if she washes her hands between cleaning a table and delivering food to other tables? Ewwww.

Finally.. someone decided to have the hostess help out.. she was not pleased. Our waitress was apologetic but did indicate it was 'her fault' but I am not sure how that could be.

These restaurants that have 1 person are simply maximizing profits at the expense of our time. I was expecting a credit of some sort.. something due to the waiting but... no.

Visited October 2012