“Nice atmosphere, but the food left us disappointed...”
Review of Black Pearl - CLOSED

Black Pearl
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Iowa and Florida on South Pearl
Transit: Near the Louisiana Lightrail station.
Evergreen, Colorado
“Nice atmosphere, but the food left us disappointed...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to celebrate a friend's birthday and we had reservations on a Saturday evening. It was crowded. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the service was also excellent. Everyone else was alright with their meal, but I pushed mine around on my plate to make it look like I had eaten some of it. The grilled romaine salad was so over-dressed I couldn't eat it. It was saturated. It was a Cesar dressing which had a VERY strong anchovy flavor. Too much dressing and too strong a flavor. The menu is very limited. I chose the Yak because the server said it was delicious and VERY tender. It had very good flavor, but it was so tough and gristly I couldn't eat more than a few very selected bites. I tried my best to cut around the bad areas, but it pretty much was a bad cut of meat. I know it sounds like I may have chosen poorly, but everything on the menu is somewhat unusually prepared. My husband had the lamb and he thought it was delicious, but a little undercooked (seared and almost raw and he asked for it medium). He didn't feel well from it the next day. Not sure I would recommend the Black Pearl or go back there.

• Visited October 2012

“Not worth it”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I live in the neighborhood. I've tried the pearl several times and have never been treated well. I must not look rich enough to garner good service. I always feel as though we don't belong.

“Can't believe this place stays in business”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Way overpriced and not that good at all. Have been few times for dinner and for brunch. Plates are too expensive and small. You will leave brunch hungry and broke.
Having said all that - the space is great and it seems to do a decent business. Although everyone I speak to about it doesn't think it's that good. Maybe they just get a lot of sushi den overflow

Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Great neighborhood spot”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Unique food in a great open atmosphere. Inside or out the setting is very comfortable. We were very impressed with the brunch and the bottomless mimosas.

Pennsylvania
“Perfect indoor-to-open-outdoor seating and wonderful, complex flavors!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

How nice to be sitting at the bar with the doorways open to a pretty patio looking out on Pearl Street. This restaurant knows how to take advantage of nice weather to enhance the dining experience, especially after dark when the fire pit is lit. The wines were excellent and the scallops were cooked to perfection! The edamame corn cakes were served with black beans and a chipotle sour cream that exploded with flavor. We thoroughly enjoyed the clams, and my dining partner and I almost fought over dessert - crepes with a chocolate sauce that was just sublime. The service was very prompt and professional. Black Pearl knows how to provide just the right dining experience!

• Visited June 2012