“Really worth trying ...”
Review of North Italia

North Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
North Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 3,111 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: Second St.
Description: North, exemplifies a culinary tradition that blends sophisticated Italian cuisine with the comfort of traditional cooking techniques. The menu features dishes that are created from the freshest ingredients without the unnecessary adornments of cream or heavy sauces. Crispy thin crust pizza, wood roasted entrees, pasta specialties, and a variety of antipasti round out the menu. The world-class wine list features 30 selections by the glass, terzo (third of a bottle) or bottle. North also offers a variety of specialty cocktails including Lemon Nortes made with Limoncello liqueur and Frizzantes, a flute of Prosecco sparkling wine with fresh fruit puree.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have just returned from Denver. This very good restaurant was recommended to us and we ate there three times during this trip.

The food is always good, well-presented and value for money.

If you want Dinner, would recommend making a reservation to avoid a 30-minute plus wait. This place is extremely popular, especially at night and that speaks volumes for the quality of the food and general ambiance of the place. Helpful waiting staff - not remotely pretentious as previously mentioned.

Give it a try.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My son picked this one during a college visit. I was not really in the mood for Italian, but went for it. I was so glad. When we walked up to the restaurant it looked like one of those places with a long wait that only "the beautiful people" go to. I was prepared for a wait to dine in a spot with attitude. I was pleasantly pleased that I was wrong on both counts. The restaurant is very urban and modern, with an open feel. We were seated right away, and the menu and our server were both friendly. He recommended a wine I enjoyed, and made us feel comfortable. The bread they brought while we waited for our meal was so good. My son ordered pasta with sausage, peppers, and a slightly spicy sauce. I ended up liking it more than mine, which was also very good. I had fettuccine with shrimp in a tomato wine sauce with fennel and a lot more spice than I was prepared for. It was very good, but the waiter eventually asked me if I wanted more bread because it was taking me so long to eat! Our favorite part of the meal however was dessert. We were both stuffed and had no intention of eating dessert until we saw the menu. My son is a Nuttella nut, and the first item on the dessert menu was a chocolate Nuttella cake! We split it, which was a good idea because it was very rich. The flavor was wonderful, and the fruit syrup drizzle was just the right touch. I told my husband he has to try the restaurant when he goes there next time for work.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is not the fanciest restaurant in town, but Denver/Cheery Creek is casual. You could go there dressed up or not. We were not. We sat outside and really liked it. The service was very good and the food was great. Fresh, light and savory. Good wine list too. I'd go there again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Happy hour from 4-6 had great prices for 12 inch gourmet pizza with roasted chicken sausage for $ 6 among other appetizer type selections as well as the usually discounted beers including Italian beers and well drinks. Nice prices in a great location.

Jack

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This used to be my absolute favorite restaurant in Cherry Creek, you could never get in without a reservation. But they kept changing the menu, for the worse. They took off my favorite salad (and all my friends as well) that they had on the menu for several years, and had a much inferior one. Plus hardly anyone was there at lunch on Saturday...

1  Thank DenverTraveller33456