“Just regular”

Kona Grill - Denver
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Denver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #456 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 1st Ave & Fillmore St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Trendy looks and good staff make you expect more that you get, but still the food is good. There are a few very original sushi rolls worth the visit.

There are newer reviews for Kona Grill - Denver

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I went here for a nice meal after finishing my work. It is tucked away in the mall but easily found. The front desk was courteous and prompt and seated me right away. it was early though.
I had some sushi as an appetizer and then had a bowl of Jambalaya for my meal. The sushi was very good, I could have easily eat en just that but once I saw the Jambalaya it sort of called out to me since I love that meal. They hand make the sushi and if wanted you can sit by the chefs and watch while you eat. I prefer a table so I can read. The place also has a bar and an outdoor area with seating.
The sushi menu was reasonable and they include a number of "ordinary" foods if you don't like sushi. Service was very good (I know I sound like I usually always say that but truthfully since I eat out a lot I am picky so only say it if it is true. For that I mean prompt, courteous, get the order right, check on me in case I need or want something and bring the bill when asked)
The Jambalaya though was disappointing. I have eaten it many times in New Orleans so always compare to that and want it similar. This was more tomato tasting than I expected and while not bad was their "signature" according to the manager. One thing I liked is the tip guide of 15-18 or 20% done on the amount before tax. Nice.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to have dinner at Kona Grill in the Cherry Creek Mall as we have had some good meals there in the past. We both ordered the Mahi Mahi dinner special and as it turned out, both pieces of fish were over cooked and dry. We conracted the manager who offered a complimentary desert, but with so many good quality restaurants in town, we won't go back, as they have apparently gone down hill. If you can't properly grill a piece of fish that is your dinner special in a sea food restaurant, you need to get into another business.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with wife and 2 daughters. Food was ok. I had the meatloaf that was a little dry but tasty. Wife had the lemon penne that was refreshing and yummy. My elder daughter had the Phat Thai. A little too sickly sweetish for my liking. My other daughter had the fried udon that was had too much bland gravy. The four of us shared the pot stickers and steak & prawn sushi that were really good. Luckily, the dishes we shared were very good! That saved what would otherwise have been a disappointing meal given that we had to wait 35 mins for a table.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

While shopping at Cherry Creek we stopped in for lunch. Great decision The host was pleasant. We had booked ahead on Open Table and we were seated right away. The waiter was prompt, attentive, and helpful. He was well versed on the large variety of menu choices. Gave us enough time to unwind & relax a little bit before ordering, and was attentive and timely.
Our food was great. I had the flatbread pizza with a glass of wine. The blend of flavors in the pizza was very good and the crust perfectly done. My husband had a sandwich with roast beef & gruyere cheese on a toasted baguette. He loved it.
While the restaurant was very busy with weekend shoppers, the service and the food were very good and somehow the atmosphere still seemed relaxed.
Will definitely eat here again when we are in Cherry Creek.