“Comfortably luxurious!”

Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
San Francisco, CA
“Comfortably luxurious!”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Ritz-Carlton Denver had to be the best thing out of my first visit to Colorado. From the moment of arrival, we were welcomed by the front door service staff with warm introductions. Check-in was seamless and the concierge was helpful with providing us options for tours and then setting up our tour for the next day. The hotel room was absolutely inviting - soft, plush beds you could sleep forever in and large, comfortable sofa chairs that I want in my own home! I did end up having to work while there and considering I had to connect to a VPN, I was pleased with the speed of their internet connectivity, and price per day was reasonable - $9.95 for 24hrs. Exploring the hotel turned out to be fun as well. The ballrooms looked grand, the fitness center RC is connected to was outstanding, the gift shop and spa boutique had a great selection of items and essentials to choose from and the restaurant, Elway's, was a treat to dine in. The wait staff was attentive and their brunch items were delicious. Having been able to enjoy the hotel and its amenities, I also have to add that the Ritz-Carlton's location is prime. It was walking distance to the 16th St. mall area and around the corner from this fantastic Asian grocery store located at what's called Sakura Square. We came across this when we happened to arrive the weekend of the Cherry Blossom Festival. Bottom line is, if I ever had to come back to Denver, I would try to stay at the Ritz Carlton - definitely a home away from home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Germany
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Denver for one night in June 2009.

Location:

The hotel is located in the heart of town and you can easily walk to, for example, historical LoDo district.
If you have a car, the hotel offers only valet parking.

Room:

The room was spacious and luxurious as it can be expected from a 5 star Ritz Carlton, and perfectly clean. The staff was very friendly at any time.

We can recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Stayed for a conference at the Convention Center-- easy walk, and the Ritz doesn't miss a beat. From water given to me on a hot day right when I walked in do everyone using my name and asking what they can do for me, it was a great stay. Stunning bathroom and huge tub, great workout facilities. Room service food wasn't that great, but a great stay nonetheless!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Just stayed a lovely two nights with two rooms in the Denver Ritz for a long weekend with friends and family…. Great location in central Denver, fabulous hotel layout, extremely clean and modern, terrific spa and well equipped gym, but the hotel needs to pay attention to customer requests and details. For example, before arrival I booked the Romantic turn down package ($50/room) and we arrived to find nothing completed for our late evening arrival. I had to go back to the front desk the next morning and request the service a second time for the last night. During hotel check in, I requested walking directions to a local barber shop, but found their directions led me to a no longer in service barbershop. If the Ritz wants to charge top prices for their above and beyond service, these little things need attention. Overall a terrific visit and I highly recommend this property (especially for baseball weekends)!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Orange County, CA
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Stayed here over Memorial day weekend. Overall, was pleased with our stay, room was nice and service at the hotel was attentive. Definitely the place to stay if you have family or business in Denver.

The area the hotel is located in is primarily a business district. Even though Coors Field and some shopping areas are nearby, Denver is by no means as well developed as other metropolitan areas such as San Diego or San Francisco. The area around Coors Field called LoDo pales in comparison to Gaslamp district in San Diego. Also, the 16th street 'mall' is more similar to the Jewelry District in downtown LA or a bizarro 3rd street promenade.

So, stay here if you have a reason to be in Denver, but don't go here expecting for it to be 'a vacation.' (Also note, if you really have business to conduct, don't expect to use the Ritz business center facilities, they charge for internet usage by the minute, Make sure to bring your laptop and fork over the $10 for the in-room wi-fi).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank brujan
Northshore - Chicago
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I went to Denver for the Memorial Day Weekend and had a great 4 night stay at the RC. The staff was extremely friendly and very service oriented.

We had a nice suite on the Club level (well, the loung was one flight up through keyed door). The Club was nice -- the food and beverages were all tasty and convenient. The concierge staff in the Club were a bit hit or miss. They didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge about the area or restaurants. None of them had been to the restuarants I was asking about (Rioja -amazing!!! and Tag). One afternoon one of the lobby conceirge was covering a break and he was super helpful, friendly and had the detailed information/answers I'd expect.

The location is great - we walked to Coors Field for a baseball game. Used the hotel's car/cabs for restaurants.

We ate a couple of times at Elways, the hotel restaurant, which was really very good for both dinner and sushi/bar food. They had an amazing Spicy Pineapple Curry Soup that we'd asked the hostess in the restaurant for the recipe and were told "it's a secret"...huh? Well, a very friendly employee got on the elevator with us the next day and asked if there was anything she could do to make our stay better. While I was speechless that she so sincerely asked, my husband had the good sense to ask for the soup recipe. She said sure, I'll have it delivered to your your by the morning... by 7am it was under our door. Talk about service!

We used the spa which had really nice services/good technicians - very relaxing. They could use a better relaxation room. It's small -- only 4 loungers and there's a constant stream of people which is not particularly relaxing. I was hoping I could spend the afternoon after my facial & massage but it wasn't really the relaxing atmosphere I was looking for.

The connected Fitness Center was really great -- much better than the typical hotel gym. We were able to keep up our daily routines and since it was a holiday weekend, it was basically empty so it was like a private gym!

All in all it was a great get away and we're hoping to return soon!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband and I had a romantic night away at the Ritz Carlton in Denver. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived till the moment we checked out. Hotel management and staff are incredible. They cater to your every need. Very professional. The room was wonderful with views of the city. Best beds in the world! They have a beautiful spa. I had a wonderful massage. Used the whirlpool, steam room and relaxation room before my massage. It was divine. Dinner at Elway's was fantastic. We highly recommend this hotel. General Manager Andrew Rogers along with his staff run a five star hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple