“The Ritz good but dirty ”

The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
Ranked #8 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay. Beds are very comfortable. However housekeeping has a lot to be desired. Particularly in the club lounge. Spots on the floor and furniture. Crumbs everywhere. Broken toilet. Smelled like a sour rag was used. Not so Ritzy.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri A
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for providing these details from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit; please know we greatly value your feedback and can only improve when we are made aware of our shortcomings. We are determined to provide exceptional experiences for our guests each and every time and I apologize we failed in some areas during this last stay. If your travels bring you back to Denver, I would welcome the opportunity to make your next stay excellent and hope you contact me personally to assist with setting up a reservation.

There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Denver

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The property lives up to it's name. Well appointed lobby and rooms. Comfortable beds. Clean. Quiet. Professional and helpful service. Easy walking distance to several downtown hot spots. Didn't get a chance to visit Elways but it was packed when we walked by. Unfortunately only spent one night here arriving late and departing early, but it was enough to know that I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed 3/15/14 and 3/15/16. On the 15th of March I went down to the spa to get a deep tissue massage. I had finished up my massage to find out that my locker had been broken into. My locker was the only locker broken into of course none of the employees had noticed anything suspicious. The thief got away with a $2000 Movado watch $1200 cash, all of my credit cards, and on top of that my social security card. The thief racked up thousands on my credit cards by the time I was out of my massage.

Loss prevention came and did a report as well as the police. I wanted to meet the police officer in the lobby, but the Ritz did not want bad press so of course they came up to my room. Shortly after all of this the GM Steve Janicek found me in the club access room. He than offered an apology and assured me that I would not be upset with the claims process of the Marriott because they are a "5 star diamond hotel."

Well I was called by Marriott loss prevention company yesterday and told they were not going to be covering any of my losses or compensating me in anyway. I called Steve at this time, and he assured me he would get with his team, and get right back to me.

He never called me back,and I had to call him twice before he would answer. This time he seemed to have an attitude with me and asked me " what exactly I thought I'd get in return."

Pretty horrible customer service and horrible security and just an all around mind blowing experience for staying at the Ritz. I hope everyone reads this and just realizes this is just another greedy corporation that does not care at all about their customers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Thomas W
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry you are not satisfied with my follow-up or how things were handled and I remain interested in speaking with you to reach a fair and equitable settlement remains my goal. I can be reached at 303-312-3800 and would welcome your call.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have never stayed in this property, even though we have lived in Denver 14 years and celebrate special events with hotel weekends downtown. We finally stayed here in May and have realized what we were missing. This place is wonderful. Room is extremely confortable, staff is friendly, knowledgable and they know the meaning of the work "service". I would recommned investing in and upgrading to the Club floor. The Club is a calm quiet oasis to either begin your day, end your day, or just take a calm break in between everything. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Club Floor, King Suite. Enough said!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Spent Mother's Day weekend in this fabulous hotel. From the moment I pulled into the valet, I was greeted by smiles and the valet complimenting me on my rental making conversation on it for a while. I step inside to the lobby and the host greeted my by name which I believe the valet advised her by radio. My suite was on the 9th floor and was immaculate with a nice view of Coors field and the Northern Rockies. Any time I called down to any of the services, was answered by an enthusiastic voice ready to help me. Since I did leave the property quite often, the hotel kept my rental at the front most of the trip which made for easy access. Room service and Elways was excellent. I definitely will stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quite spacious!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We just returned from a Saturday night stay. Arrived early for a play at performing arts center and was checked in perfectly. Left a few items in the car and the valets were wonderful to retrieve them. The staff could not have been nicer and more attentive. There are 11 lamps in the 2 rooms of our suite (501) and it's still dark. The TVs being in front of the windows doesn't help but I really can't think of anywhere else for them to be. The bed was super comfy but a truly ridiculous design. The frame of the bed comes out beyond the corner of the bed. It is a narrow pass to get to the far side of the bed. My husband broke his little toe on the frame. (Ouch!) Who designs a bed like this? No one who ever has to make it or get into it. He was barely able to sleep and fortunately could get his shoe on in the morning. Our tv remote didn't work and a technician was there in 5 minutes and had it fixed instantly. The cold water fixture on one sink (left) did not work without extreme manipulation. The bathrooms are lovely and large. I never understand a lovered door for a toilet. I am being really picky because a 5 star hotel is suppose to be just that. The attitude is so much better than the Four Seasons but the building isn't nearly as grand. The value is much better if your dollar is important.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We spent two nights here on a recent visit to Denver. We chose the Ritz for two reasons; one-location...it was very close to our son's apartment, which was important to us and brand recognition. We were well acquainted with the name. This hotel did not disappoint! The location was perfect, less than 5 minute walk to our son's, near Coors Field and all the action of the 16th Street Mall. Everything about this hotel was perfect. The staff was warm and welcoming from the minute we walked in until the moment we checked out. We loved our rooom...tastefully decorated, exceptionally comfortable bed, and high end amenities.
The hotel smells wonderful...though we did detect a "scent" newly associated with the Denver area in the elevator one our first day, if you get my gist. That was the only surprise we had at this upscale, lovely hotel!
We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We had a city view room with a slight viw of the mountains. The only down side is that it also inclu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family