“Casual elegance”

The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
Ranked #9 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Took a spontaneous trip from Louisiana to visit Red Rocks amphitheatre to see Sting in concert. Needed a place to stay and the Ritz seemed like the perfect place.

It is situated downtown, easy access from the interstate. The area was very clean and laid back.

Check-in was effortless, the room was more than adequate. Stayed on the concierge floor - the setup was perfect for late afternoon snacks and breakfast.

We ate lunch at Elway's. Great meal and great service.

Excellent experience - highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Ritz Carlton in Denver is such a nice property! The staff is extremely attentive, the rooms are beautiful, and it is well located. The bathroom was magnificent. We enjoyed cocktails at Elway's, but did not eat any meals at the hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and all of our facilities and hope that during your next visit you will leave time to try our Elway's Steakhouse and enjoy the finest Steak in Colorado.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at several Ritz's in the past and am a Marriott Platinum member. In advance of our booking and two days before; I called to confirm we would have lounge access. However, upon check-in they denied it.

I understand some Ritz's don't honor Marriott points; but this should be clear and consistent when calling the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. We greatly value your Marriott Platinum status and make every effort to communicate prior to arrival what we are able to extend as far as recognition and upgrades however it seems in your situation we failed in that mission. Please know we are determined to provide every courtesy possible to all of our guests with special attention to our most loyal guests however based on business levels there are times we simply are not able to extend Club Level access to all guests simply based upon capacity and commitments made. If your travels bring you back to Denver, I would welcome the opportunity to see what we can do to make your next stay special and hope you contact me personally to assist with setting up those arrangements.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Over decades of both business and personal of travel, we have stayed in myriad hotels. The Ritz-Carlton brand hotels remain a favorite, and this property is no exception. In general, I have learned that the difference between a mediocre hotel and a property like this one runs $100 - $150 per night, and for that difference, one experiences an entirely different level of comfort and luxury. We have stayed at this particular hotel a half-dozen times, for various events and functions, and have never been disappointed. The service delivered always amazes - we never open a door, never want for directions or assistance of any sort. The staff always greet us warmly, and go out of their way to accommodate any requests, and usually they are asking us before we go asking them. The rooms offer great views and comfort (especially the beds - we never want to get up!). The cuisine is fabulous, and we loved the spa - quiet, tranquil, stocked with all amenities. A mere few blocks from the Denver Performing Arts Center, the hotel offers ease and comfort when going to the ballet or theater. The staff - never snooty or pretentious - also go out of their way to make sure my daughter has all she needs and to make her feel special and welcomed. I have needed clothes dry cleaned, shoes repaired, and even needed special items not available in the hotel - all have been delivered and at reasonable prices. The only constructive feedback we have - the pool and gym are offered as a strategic alliance with the fitness facility next door. Most R-Cs have their own, and generally theirs are of a much higher caliber, offering the level of intimacy and privacy that R-C customers have come to expect. A minor inconvenience, but it does mean they lose some business to the Four Seasons, whose pool and fitness center are, candidly (sorry Ritz!), vastly superior. That said, we still love this property and we plan to stay there many times in the future - worth every one of the 5 stars.

Room Tip: We generally book on the Club Level - it's worth the upgrade fee (if charged, some R-C rewards m...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and the club floor experience and your kind words regarding our Ladies and Gentlemen are truly appreciated. Your comments regarding the fitness center and pool area are certainly something I will address and I believe over the coming months you will see some enhancements in those areas. I read in your posting you will be back in Denver and plan on staying with us again and I want you to know I look forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

So, turns out that the week I had to be there for work, all the other hotels in town were completely booked due to a conference that was taking place in the city. Surprisingly enough, my corporate rates at the Ritz were by far the cheapest ($179 / night) compared to other hotels ($280+ night) for the same week. With little or no options I decided to book my stay at the "grand" Ritz Carlton Denver.

I am not sure if the readers are aware of how dry the weather is Denver. Long story short, I asked for a humidifier to be in my room while I stayed with them at the hotel. The humidifier was brought to my room almost immediately. I was happy about that.

The next day I woke up and left the hotel. I came back after a long day of work to find out that my room hadn't been service. I call the front desk and they were willing to send someone upstairs to make the room but I told them that it was not necessary, I had had a long day and I just wanted to go to bed but that I appreciated the offer.

The following morning I woke up at the same time and left the hotel. My surprise was that when I came back again at a rather late hour of the day after another long day of work, my room hadn't been service again. Once again I call downstairs and politely asked why this had happened again.

I checked out the following day and went to the Four Season. Their rate was just $1 more expensive and the quality of the service is known to be one of the best.

Ciao Ritz-Carlton!

Room Tip: The gym that is attached to the hotel is great!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KinoM_13
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay in Denver. I certainly understand your frustration with the lack of timely housekeeping service and you have my word I will be following up to see where our service performance broke down and how we can assure this never happens again. We greatly value your business and hope you will contact me directly next time your travels bring you to the mile high city of Denver as it would be my pleasure to personally assist with your travel arrangements and make sure your next stay goes as perfectly.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Over the last year I've had the pleasure of staying here a few times, and it never was disappointing. The service is always amazing from the doormen to the front desk and the club concierge and housekeeping. It is true to Ritz Carlton however here it is done in a true and sincere way, the staff cares and I always feel pampered. Needed some allergy medicine once and just a call to the front desk and it was brought up without question within 10 min.
The location is great, right downtown walking distance to everything or a cab right outside the door. Haven't tried Elways for dinner yet, but breakfast is great and the French toast delicious.
I love their beds, so comfy! Every experience is like I'm on vacation even though I was there for business some of my stays. Amazing place to unwind for a last minute getaway. True luxury not overdone! My place to stay in downtown Denver, hope to be back soon.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback from your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. While I am delighted you enjoyed breakfast in Elway's we need you to come in and try the finest steak in Colorado truly an experience you will cherish and something I hope you contact me to help set up those arrangements and we get the chance to meet during your stay.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here for a conference and was upgraded to a suite. Room was spacious with separate sitting area that made it feel more like a condo. The furnishings were first class and the amenities were equally first class. Completely met my expectations for a stay at the Ritz.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing you recent experience with us! It’s always our pleasure to deliver a first class stay for our guests. We hope one day you’ll return to experience all the best the city has to offer.
We truly appreciate your business.
Steven Janicek