“Very nice, but”

Ranked #8 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Charlotte, NC
“Very nice, but”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm a fan of Ritz-Carlton's. Who's not? But I do have high expectations when staying there. In general this property is great. The reception actually knew who I was before setting foot inside the lobby - great touch. The service was spot on. The primary restaurant is an Elway's - I love it. The room was large and clean. My one personal criticism: they put me in a room by an elevator. I know someone has to stay in these rooms but you would think that Ritz could find a way of making them quiet - probably my largest criteria for quality. I was only there for a night so I toughed it out, but I did not have a good night sleep. I expect better from this type of property.

Room Tip: Get one away from the elevator!
1 Thank 1mayday1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Westchestry Cty, NY
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recently stayed at RC Denver. Very nice property, service was stand out aspect that made it an enjoyable stay. To a person the staff was alert and friendly, and not in a , corporate training video way, it was sincere. Great bar, at elways. Front desk staff willing to help. Door staff offered SUV for my back and forth to the convention center. One drawback is the distance from the CC, but the SUV at the ready made it a piece of cake. Would stay again on next trip. And of course the rooms were great.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

No doubt that this is a 5 star property from the time the door is opened to your cab to the pleasent & polite door men, and the staff at the front desk. The rooms are ginormous with oversized soaking tubs and a large seperate shower. The bed and pillows high quality down for an amazing nights sleep, the high thread count linens were nice too. The refrigerator was overstocked with booze and drinks, there was no room to put water or restaurant leftovers in there. The espresso machine with complintary espresso pods was a great touch. I don't like being waited on hand and foot, but if you love all the comforts available they have. Overall great stay, I would stay there again if the price was right!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night in October. Arrived late and left early, so didn't get the full experience. The front desk staff was very professional and check-in went quickly. The room was clean and very nicely appointed. The N'espresso machine was a nice touch. One thing to note is that if you're traveling on your own dime, there are several parking garages and lots within a block of the hotel that are substantially cheaper than the hotel's valet. Would definetly return to this property the next time in Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Anymore I judge a hotel room based on the bathroom. If the bathroom is small and boring it really detracts from the room. I love a nice bathroom and it makes a huge difference in whether I want to return to a hotel or not. The Ritz bathroom is really nice, it has double sinks, a large walk in shower, a wonderful soaking tub and a separate water closet. My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful evening in Denver staying at the Ritz. The room was comfortable & spacious. But the bathroom was the bonus, I loved being able to get ready to go out and having the space to do it. Also having a full size mirror in the room was great for checking to make sure my outfit looked nice. The large soaking tub was an extra special treat after an evening out dancing. The staff was great and we were able to do a late checkout the next morning which made a night away from the kids so enjoyable. We didn't get a chance to try the food, but I did tour the spa and fitness area and that was really nice so I look forward to using it in the future. We just re-booked for another night out and we are definitely staying at the Ritz again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

from the moment you approach the building you realize you are staying someplace special. every meber of the staff was outstanding and provided exceptional service in a genuine and comfortable way. from the doormen, front desk, concierge, housekeeping and room service wait staff they all provided warm and professional service. the food was outstanding. the room "standard king bed" was nice, roomy and comfortable but probably not that much different than rooms at other 5 star hotels. room service did come twice daily and upon requests and always supplied fresh bottles of water for free. it is a pricy place to stay but if you can afford it it is definitely worth the experience

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We usually stay at the Marriott because it's right on the mall and closer to the theater...however, it was sold out (as was just about everything else) so we decided to try this Ritz. We've had the pleasure of staying at Ritz-Carlton's on several occasions across the country and I have to agree with many of the other reviews...this one just doesn't quite measure up. The staff is very friendly and on par with what I've come to expect from Ritz. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for housekeeping. We couldn't find a trash bin for the bathroom and the tub had hair in it...and what appeared to be soap scum or dead skin...Yuck! The rooms are very nice...the bathroom amenities (make-up mirrors, nice shower, large) met expectations. We had an issue with the car service but I don't think it was anyone's fault...just an inadequate system that is oversold. At least three staff members encouraged us to use the courtesy car service and gave us business cards with the hotel number. We were trying to make a play at the DCPA so I was very conscientious of calling in plenty of time. When the car didn't arrive as scheduled I called the hotel and they assured me it would be only another 10 minutes (which was seriously beginning to jeopardize our timing)...but as I couldn't get a cab any faster...we waited. The car finally arrived and was able to get us to our destination with about 8 minutes until curtain. I understand traffic issues etc...perhaps it would have been helpful if the service had not been touted so highly...and had we been cautioned that timing can be off by quite a bit. In that event...I would have arranged a cab or a car service to arrive in plenty of time...and paid the extra to avoid the anxiety. I've actually done just that at a Ritz before and it worked beautifully. This was a quick stay for us...just one overnight so I hate to judge based on such a small sample...but having read the previous reviews...I am comfortable saying that it's nice...but it's not the Ritz you expect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family