“Very nice hotel and wonderful, friendly employees!”

Courtyard Denver Airport
Ranked #63 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The staff at the check-in area was prompt and friendly and the lobby was open and spacious. The lounge and bar area was packed with people watching the game on TV and everyone was having a good time.
The room was large, comfortable and clean and the bed was really comfortable. The sink is separate from the bathroom area which I happen to like. I also like that the room offered a recycling receptacle as well as a waste basket. It's also nice that there's a small Juliette balcony with a sliding patio door to let in fresh air.
The workout area was nice with water, towels and ear buds to use with the individual screen displays on each machine.
We usually stay at the Super 8 on Tower but we found a great deal on Priceline for this hotel. I suspect booking through Priceline is the reason we were given a room directly across from the elevator but the configuration of the room still kept it fairly quiet. We've booked several hotels through Priceline and usually all of them have some sort of "Priceline Punishment". This is a very nice property and I hope to stay here again sometime.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dep_DFW
GeneralManager10, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Dep_DFW - we appreciate your comments and feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, it was busy in our Bistro restaurant this weekend with guests enjoying the NFL playoffs! I was also pleased to hear that you received a good rate by taking advantage of one of our Priceline offers. Please know that we do not make room location decisions based upon rates or the origin of the reservation. We will always accommodate room type or location requests whenever possible, the most important determining factor being time of arrival. Again, thank you for your nice comments and I am delighted to know that we converted you to a Courtyard customer. We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Denver Airport

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is one of the newer ones with the 3 check in desks in a row and bistro. We spent 1 night before we flew out of Denver the next morning. The room was quiet and clean, Beds were comfortable. We had trouble adjusting the heater in the room - we could not figure out how to set it properly. We would have turned it off but it was 10 degrees outside, so we needed some heat. We still slept pretty well. We did not eat at the Bistro. The shuttle to the airport the next morning was on time and worked perfectly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ryanpeg

Happy New Year ryanpeg! I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and that our complimentary shuttle service was on time and got you to the airport safely. Your time to review our hotel is much appreciated and coming from a Senior Contributor, very gratifying. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just spent the night here. Nice as well as convenient to the airport. There is a shuttle bus to the airport which takes about 10-15 mins. to get to. Dropped off the car at Budget, then took their shuttle bus back to the airport, then the Courtyard bus to the hotel. We had plenty of time so doing all that was not a problem, & it was something to do. The Courtyard bus will, if it's not real busy, swing by the rental car area pick you up & bring you to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank E C

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Denver Airport! We appreciate your comments and are glad that you found our airport shuttle service to be convenient and helpful as you made your way to and from DIA. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

United flight was canceled so we elected to crash at the courtyard. Good fitness center, clean, well-appointed rooms. In room coffee is of poor quality but they do serve Starbucks. Front desk has a selection of snacks but you may have to wait for the front desk attendant to purchase your snacks, if there is a line at the front desk this could take some time. Airport shuttle runs every fifteen minutes.

1  Thank djs4552

Dear djs4552 - I was sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled and your trip was delayed. However, I was happy to read your comments and learn that your stay with us was excellent. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Starbucks coffee bar. I do apologize for the wait at the front desk to pay for your Market items. I know this can be bothersome if you are in a rush but, normally this is not a challenge. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've stayed at this property 4 times in the last 2 months and was not overly impressed.

On each of the first 3 stays I booked a rate that included breakfast and each time the front desk indicated that it was not included in my rate and only included it after I showed them the reservation details from the Marriott website which indicated breakfast was included. Even after getting them to correct this upon checkin I was still denied breakfast on one occassion even after the restaurant inquired with the front desk, so beware that you get everything included in your rate.

Other than my issues with the breakfast, the hotel is acceptable, but not exceptional.

The Good: Nice lobby area; staff was friendly; comfortable and nicely appointed rooms; great internet speeds

The Bad: HVAC is loud; try to get a room away from the main road (Tower Rd.) because road noise can be heard in the room; small fitness center; bathroom counter is small

Overall not a bad hotel, but I believe there are better alternatives in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on west end of hotel away from Tower Rd if you are sensitive to road noise.
2  Thank Botnang

Dear Botnang - Thank you for your review and feedback. I will certainly share your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and I was glad to read that you enjoyed our guest rooms and new lobby. I was especially happy to know that you found the high speed internet service to be great as we have recently increased our bandwidth. I was very disappointed and surprised to learn of your challenges with our breakfast package and will definitely look into why this occurred. As you know, we have rates with and without breakfast and when you choose the breakfast package our Bistro restaurant is immediately notified. I do apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that this might have caused. Also, I apologize if the HVAC in your room was not as quiet as you would have preferred. Our engineering staff is always eager to know about any HVAC issues so that they can correct them immediately. They understand the importance of a properly /quietly operating heating and cooling unit. I hope that you reported this to the front desk before you departed. Finally, you are correct in noting that our guest rooms on the west side are away from the adjacent road and are therefore, quieter. We are always happy to accommodate requests for specific room types or locations. Again, thank for your comments and for your business.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed here many times & it is consistently a well taken care of place.
The staff is friendly & the bar/food area offers a lot of options for eats most of the day.
They have a nice shuttle service to the airport that I use when I have early flights.
I return my rental car the night before since it takes so long @ DIA typically.

1  Thank Spartyon96

Dear Spartyon96 - many thanks for your review and your continued patronage. As a Senior Reviewer, your comments are important to us. I am very pleased to know that, like many of our guests, you enjoy our Bistro restaurant and that our complimentary airport shuttle service consistently meets your needs. Again, thank you for your review and for your business.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed here at least (15) times. Great hotel very close to DIA. There are a number of places to eat within walking distance including two sports bars, Italian, etc. Staff is very helpful including the bar mainstay Mike & Randy the manager they go out of their way to make your stay the best!

Room Tip: High floor away from Tower Road as there is local communting traffic that roar's by day & ni...
3  Thank PHOENIXFISHGUY