“Average Hotel....there are Better”

Courtyard Denver Airport
Ranked #65 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've stayed at this property 4 times in the last 2 months and was not overly impressed.

On each of the first 3 stays I booked a rate that included breakfast and each time the front desk indicated that it was not included in my rate and only included it after I showed them the reservation details from the Marriott website which indicated breakfast was included. Even after getting them to correct this upon checkin I was still denied breakfast on one occassion even after the restaurant inquired with the front desk, so beware that you get everything included in your rate.

Other than my issues with the breakfast, the hotel is acceptable, but not exceptional.

The Good: Nice lobby area; staff was friendly; comfortable and nicely appointed rooms; great internet speeds

The Bad: HVAC is loud; try to get a room away from the main road (Tower Rd.) because road noise can be heard in the room; small fitness center; bathroom counter is small

Overall not a bad hotel, but I believe there are better alternatives in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on west end of hotel away from Tower Rd if you are sensitive to road noise.
2  Thank Botnang
GeneralManager10, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Botnang - Thank you for your review and feedback. I will certainly share your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and I was glad to read that you enjoyed our guest rooms and new lobby. I was especially happy to know that you found the high speed internet service to be great as we have recently increased our bandwidth. I was very disappointed and surprised to learn of your challenges with our breakfast package and will definitely look into why this occurred. As you know, we have rates with and without breakfast and when you choose the breakfast package our Bistro restaurant is immediately notified. I do apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that this might have caused. Also, I apologize if the HVAC in your room was not as quiet as you would have preferred. Our engineering staff is always eager to know about any HVAC issues so that they can correct them immediately. They understand the importance of a properly /quietly operating heating and cooling unit. I hope that you reported this to the front desk before you departed. Finally, you are correct in noting that our guest rooms on the west side are away from the adjacent road and are therefore, quieter. We are always happy to accommodate requests for specific room types or locations. Again, thank for your comments and for your business.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed here many times & it is consistently a well taken care of place.
The staff is friendly & the bar/food area offers a lot of options for eats most of the day.
They have a nice shuttle service to the airport that I use when I have early flights.
I return my rental car the night before since it takes so long @ DIA typically.

1  Thank Spartyon96

Dear Spartyon96 - many thanks for your review and your continued patronage. As a Senior Reviewer, your comments are important to us. I am very pleased to know that, like many of our guests, you enjoy our Bistro restaurant and that our complimentary airport shuttle service consistently meets your needs. Again, thank you for your review and for your business.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed here at least (15) times. Great hotel very close to DIA. There are a number of places to eat within walking distance including two sports bars, Italian, etc. Staff is very helpful including the bar mainstay Mike & Randy the manager they go out of their way to make your stay the best!

Room Tip: High floor away from Tower Road as there is local communting traffic that roar's by day & ni...
3  Thank PHOENIXFISHGUY
Reviewed November 24, 2012

this is a great hotel. the rooms are comfortable ,spacious and well appointed.
the airport shuttle service is good and reliable and with several restaurants within walking distance you are able to get a good meal at regular prices.
tip- the hotel is a fair distance from the airport so allow to add at least 20 minute travelling time to your plans.
also -this is a airport hotel, do not expect to do shopping or Denver sight seeing from here.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seahorse-JOburg
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Denver airport is so far away from anything this small little 'town' pooped up 10 minutes from the terminal - made up almost exclusively of airport hotels and a few restaurants. Best of the lot is the Courtyard (Marriott). One of the updated Courtyards with the Bistro. In fact this particular Bistro had many more offerings for dinner than other courtyards. Given the other restaurants this seemed to be the best choice.
If your flight gets cancelled like mine (thanks Sandy) I recommend this one. Rooms are all new and comfortable. Shuttle service to the airport.
very nice staff

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DillyScarlet
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The service and staff at this Marriot were over the top wonderful. Everything was neat and clean. The customer service was efficient, fun and attentive. They really made our three day stay more pleasant and by the time we left, they felt like friends. I would definitely recommend this Marriot to others if you want a pleasant experience.

2  Thank Bernadette R
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place has a friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms and a very convenient location. Although there is a fairly busy road at the front of the hotel, the rooms are quiet and the experience is both efficient and pleasant. A free shuttle between the airport and the hotel makes this an ideal spot if you're catching an early flight the next morning. Oh yeah, the in-room TV's are superb.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo