“Nice Property”

Ranked #61 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Amarillo, Texas
“Nice Property”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very clean and comfortable hotel with great access to Denver Airport. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the airport which was great! The front desk staff was very friendly and our check in and out went very smoothly. The rooms are not sound proofed very well and we could hear every little conversation that went on in the hallway. The only time this was a real problem was in the middle of the afternoon when the maids were still cleaning other rooms. Kinda hard to take a nap :-( We were also a little disappointed with the breakfast. We went down about 8:00 and they were already out of muffins and had very few bagels left. They left us with only choices of a waffle or cereal. We chose to go to McDonald's instead. This hotel is also not a good choice if you plan to stay in the Denver area for any length of time because it is just too far away from the many things to do in Denver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had an early flight so stayed there the night before. Arrived late but no problem with my room. Which I could have stayed there longer. The hotel was very clean and very comfortable. Didn't have breakfast at the hotel but it looked good. The staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay there again. This was my first time staying at La Quinta. Liked it. They also have a shuttle that runs every hour. When you check in they ask you when your flight is and arrange for you to be on that shuttle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bevpbg
NJ
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I reserved a room at La Quinta near the airport via Orbitz because we were arriving on a late night flight from the East coast and did not want to face additional travel. Though a Non-smoking room was requested, none were available at the time of arrival and no alternative accommodation was available because bad weather had stranded many travelers in Denver and all rooms were booked out. Despite this glitch and the lingering odor of tobacco that was definitely detectable in our quarters, and even more so in the corridors of the 3rd floor, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the facilities adequate and the landscaped interior courtyard garden that could be seen from the window was pleasant. We also had to obtain and display a parking permit that entitled us to use the hotel lot. Next morning we ate breakfast at The Sporting News Grill a block away from the motel and were generally pleased with the experience. That and Ruby Tuesdays - which was not open for breakfast when we were there - were the only dining options outside the hotel. The hotel strip along Tower Road is a purpose built development isolated from everything but the airport and surrounded by miles of flat prairie. It is not a place that would attract many long stays but, on a fine morning in summer with juvenile birds chirping in the planted trees and planes distantly easing up into blue skies, there are worse places to be.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taughboyne
Lincoln, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Because I had an early departure from the airport I choose to stay at the La Quinta. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I did not partake in the buffet breakfast the next morning because I prefer to eat quietly at the airport. Although the hotel does not have a restaurant on site, there were restaurants located nearby such as Ruby Tuesday right next door. The hotel's airport shuttle starts service at 3:00 a.m. and runs every half hour. The shuttle driver and desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marilyn632
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After a disastrous experience at a different nearby hotel, we decided to try this LQ. Typical for LQ, the room was clean, nicely appointed and spacious, and we love the bedding. LQ uses one of the most comfy mattresses we've ever slept on so we were looking forward to this two-night stay. Check-in was fast and so was check-out. The breakfast area was more spacious than we were accustomed to with room to accommodate many guests at one time. We were disappointed, though, that a hot breakfast was not offered other than hot cereal or waffles. Other properties of this caliber and cost offer eggs, meat, etc. The woman in charge of monitoring/restocking/cleaning the breakfast area needs more training. The two trash bins were full to overflowing both mornings and I witnessed this employee rudely step in front of guests 3-4 different times as she set juice out, etc., without a word ("excuse me") to the guests. A little bit of training in providing great customer service will go a long way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cooldriver
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and always considered it one of the best in the area. This time was very different. First of all the vending machine was broken making it impossible to get something to eat late at night when we arrived after travel. The hot tub was broken at the pool. The bathtub knobs were so loose I was afraid they would break at the pipe when turning the shower on and the tub was dirty (dirt and hair). The toilet would not flush well. There was mildew on the bottom of the countertop at the sink. I went to the front desk to request deodorant since I forgot mine and was told they didn't have any and that they were going to need to order some. I was disappointed that there is no longer express checkout, the line was extremely long at the front desk when I checked out. And on top of all of this, the price increased from $59/night to $95/night. Quite the price hike for obviously worsening in service. I am not sure what has changed in the last year, if it was new management or what, but I was very disappointed in this stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor this trip and it was bad, but in the past I've stayed on the top flo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here one night by myself in a King room. I booked ahead and it was only $80 plus tax, which is a great price for airport hotels of this good quality.

Pros
- room was HUGE and included a full desk and office chair and couch and coffee table
- very tasteful art
- fridge was behind a cupboard door, thus making it the quietest fridge ever in a hotel
- clean large bathroom
- digital thermostat
- added bonus: the carpet includes fuzzy velour-type squares that are delightfully pleasant to touch in bare feet!
- lobby was also breakfast area and includes an outside seating area that was quite swanky-looking
- they had bananas at breakfast - one of only 2 places in my 10 day stay that had them
-windows opened
-free shuttle to airport runs every half hour

cons

-toilet did not flush properly much of the time
- scalding hot water
-ran out of tissues after only using a few
- all but one of the pillows turned out to be feather, which I'm allergic to
- in the late evening, I went out to the lobby and it smelled horrible, like rotten eggs or something. the lobby is open to the second floor, so it smelled down the hallways, too.
- lobby computer had ridiculously slow internet
-A/C buzzed for a good 10 seconds every time it came on, and did not have fan only mode
- airport shuttle was not on time. was at least 10 minutes late, so don't cut it short
- was kept awake by people using the laundry after 11pm

I'd stay here again for sure, though, given the great quality for the decent price and free shuttle

Room Tip: might not want to be right next to the laundry area. People were still using it at midnight.
Stayed June 2013, traveled solo